Coyote Lake

headed over to coyote this morning.
water was chocolate color maybe 3 foot vis.
water temp 55°-59°
bite was hella tuff.
we thru everything we could think of and fished 75%
of the lake. man that sucked.
Hey Urbina. The easy time is yet to come. Although the water temp is almost right, the sun angle is not yet, which is another factor that triggers the bass to move up shallow.
Don't feel bad bro!!!! Just got back from 5th
Consecutive skunk trip!!!!! Yote def kicking
My @$$ right now!!!

Jr
well I guess we gotta put our time in.
another bad day fishing lol
Jim Jr wrote:
My @$$ right now!!!

Jr

DAMN 5 straight days of the stripe with all the boat costs to go with it...after 3 straight I'd be thinking of selling the fishing gear and buying golf clubs or bowling balls instead lol, but that persistence pays off in the end. Hope you catch some lunkers in the next couple of weeks once Coyote gets primed up!
Yup, I hate Yote with muddy water... Hopefully in a couple weeks it will clear up, just in time when those big females are moving and stacking up. Been staying with the clearer/warmer lake and getting some chunks but nothing to write home about (nothing over 5lbs). Figured I would see some big fish caught yesterday before the front.. Get your gear ready boys, when it happens it is going to be fast and furious }:( When it happens I am taking time off work, lol!

Set'Em Good
Urbina I believe I ran into you on the water a few days back...I recently fished three days straight..each day was completely different from the next. Day one was flat calm in the morning with a slight north wind coming in at about mid day with a bit of cloud cover. Fish were around subtle drops with rock..no reaction but the mop jig boated 5 fish for about 14lbs..day 2 was the day I ran into you..fish were a bit shallower and were keying in on reaction baits...rip baits and a glide bait put in the work..we had slightly over 26lbs with a 9lb big fish..my jigs didnt even get touched..day three the jig bite and the ripbait didnt yield anything..fish were suspended with the cold north wind (25+ wind) it seemed..all my bites came almost half way back to the boat..fish werent really eating it on a parallel cast..everything was at about a 90 degree angle..no size biggest was about 3lbs..but still got 5 in the boat..the steeper banks were where the bites came. The flip bit is not there yet, at least I havent been able to get bit doing so..I have hooked up with a few small ones cranking the channel near wood down south..but it has not been consistent. We'll have to see how this rain affects the bite this coming week.
blckshirt98 wrote:
Jim Jr wrote:
My @$$ right now!!!

Jr

DAMN 5 straight days of the stripe with all the boat costs to go with it...after 3 straight I'd be thinking of selling the fishing gear and buying golf clubs or bowling balls instead lol, but that persistence pays off in the end. Hope you catch some lunkers in the next couple of weeks once Coyote gets primed up!

Lol I know!!! But I also know it will pay out soon!! The worst skunk streak was 12!!! 12 trips
Nothing and then bam!!!! My avatar pic is what I got!!! And to top it off weighed 12.4lbs..
I know once the water clears a bit and warms up it will be just a matter of time!!! I know the
Fish are there!!! Cuz ---- Dmun has been running a clinic on me out there!!! I got pix to prove
But he asked me nicely not to post them... :-( but I've seen an 11,8,couple 6's&5's and 3's all
By Dmun!!!! And big ups cuz he solo Fishn!!!!

Jr
my co angler said he was done buying fishing gear til he got on fish.
he got skunked bad lol