delta 11/27

super cold and windy this morning but worth it..went out to the delta with my boy rus and my uncle and cousin on a guide trip and we did very good. we launched out of big break at around 7:00 and then we made long run to around antioch marina and ended up getting a 15 and a half pound striper in this little secret spot that rus know where this little canal and a shipwreck meet and the is lots of current.. the big fish was caught on a "secret magic white fish". it fought pretty hard and also we pulled out a lot of 5 to 6 pounders and it was awesome but the 15 was the biggest of the day... we fished shipwrecks followed deep schools of fish and caught lots of 20-24 inchers with spoons and i missed a big fish on an ima big stick. the 15 pound fish was releaed alive but a couple of the 4 pounders are going on the grill tonight. ya but if you guys want to ever fish the delta or anywhere like the southbay lakes or clearlake you guys should call up rus he is a really quality guy and he will put you on some fish.. i have been out with him like 12 times and everytime always had a blast .. you guys need to get out there now while the bite is hot!!!!
Awesome man! You guys did better than I did on Friday!
Now that's a quality fish. Congrats!
thanks guys
Nice fish Nick.
Awesome Nick. I've been thinking about going out with Rus for a Delta trip, but somehow the cold keeps me home. Oh well, there are stripers in the Delta in the Spring too :)
That's sick man congrats again nick. Im taking david (theonlywall) out to delta monday for a quick six hour session. Hopefully we can top that lol. Highly doubt it but I can only hope.
ya its not too bad out there its just your hands that are pretty cold i have rain gear too so that helps alot too... and anthony if we end up going out tomoro ill tell ill hook it up with the spots we fished
Looks better as a bigger picture...very cool Nick
Hey nice fish. What does Rus charge for a full day and also do you have his contact info?
Sounds like an awesome trip way to go man! I'm going to bring some tackle to SJ so I'll talk to you soon bro.
jburkhart81 wrote:
Hey nice fish. What does Rus charge for a full day and also do you have his contact info?

ya just talk to him about the fees and go onto his website www.russnyders.com tell i him nick sent you and maybe he'll hook it up..
NICE FISH!!! RUS IS DEFINATELY A GREAT STICK, RON KNOWS HIM PRETTY WELL THEY USED TO FISH ALL THE TIME. IVE BEEN WANTING TO GET A GUIDE AT THE DELTA DONT KNOW IT VERY WELL YET...........
BRADRC51 wrote:
NICE FISH!!! RUS IS DEFINATELY A GREAT STICK, RON KNOWS HIM PRETTY WELL THEY USED TO FISH ALL THE TIME. IVE BEEN WANTING TO GET A GUIDE AT THE DELTA DONT KNOW IT VERY WELL YET...........

oh ya dude rus and ronnie go way back.. they always tell me and chris stories of how they used to fish.. but rus is a really good fisherman and if u ever have a big tournament and u feel that you havent got on a consisntent bite tell rus and tell im i sent you he will hook it up.. he gives me really good deals too and he is alot less expensive than a lot of the other guides for the delta and i catch just as much fish with him
Sweet dude. Doing it right. The Delta is a tough place to learn how to fish by yourself. It's a good investment to get on the river with a guide, especially one who supports SJB! Nice Rus, get some SJBr's on some linesides. Love it!
Awesome Fish Nichlos right on tight lines