Depressing

I drove by Chesbro on Sunday and man is that a depressing sight. Is there any way there can be any fish left in there?
Nbc11 did a story about our resevoirs yesterday, It's terrible how low they are right now. They said Chesbro is 99% empty and the rain we just had will do nothing.
I drive by there on my way to my ladies house about 3 times a week and pass by there.....Boy is it a sad sight for soar eye's cant beleave our water district or DFG let it get that way...

Man were they stupid!!!!! :-/
i felt sick to my stomach when i saw that place a few weeks ago. its amazing what a rainless winter can do. not too sure how the fish are doing in there but the
comorants and other birds are having a feast.
I passed by lexington on sunday, and couldnt believe my eyes. Its super low too.
It sure is a shame. :'(
But arnt they draining that place for a reason....And it better be a good one cause

I HATE SEEING THESE FISH GO THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:(
That sucks man I wish DFG would do something That just lowers the amount of waters we have to fish. I mean what if that place is loaded with a lot of big fish none of us have caught or seen.
It sucks for sure, but we can't blame DFG or the Water District. Neither of them can control the weather.

As far as the reservoirs from which water has been released this summer, that was done to provide enough water in the downstream portions of the valley's creeks to sustain steelhead juviniles, a protected native species.
Quote:

As far as the reservoirs from which water has been released this summer, that was done to provide enough water in the downstream portions of the valley's creeks to sustain steelhead juviniles, a protected native species.

Yeah but what really suks is there is like what 10 TIMES more BASS fishermen than steelhead......Personally IMO they should tend more to the BASS....

I mean come on neither fish is stocked anymore around hear so they should keep up on both species...Specially with alot more people C&R more bass then the one catching steelies!!!!

I say SAVE THE BASS and worrie bout the steelies later..Tell me which ones are gunna suffer more NOW....STEELIES OR BASS???? Looks like BASS to ME...

Not bashing ur post Murf just my OPINION!!! ;D ;)
the key word  is "NATIVE" jim.  i guess you have never hooked into one of these

ehhhhhh just like a GIANT TROUT.......I dont care for those..Rather see BASS flurish then those.....

But hey to each his own...
The key word here is the weather.........I remember big steelies when I was a kid ( about 40 year's ago,whoa that's a long time ago) I remember big @$$ steelies in some pool's in the creek.......I just feel bad about all the lake's and creek's.....It doesn't look good  :'( Nice fish Marklar was that a backyard fish ;) =Native to wat's ;D
your right jim, steelhead are trout. Â steelhead pound for pound are the best fighting fish i have ever caught. i respect your opinion that you dont care for them, but a lot of people do care. Â i guess its a catch 22 situation. Â slemos, there is no way a fish like that can be caught in my backyard ;D well..maybe the san lorenzo river.
the steelis are also a fedraly protected species along with salmon
i still remember when chesbro was almost full >:( >:( i caught my very first official bass there.. a dink the size of my thumb.. LOL and i was fishing for carp too.. ;) ;D i wish the water would fill up again so i can fish that spot.. there was so much structure and stuff.. i wish i found out about bass fishin earlier so i couldve done some fishin when chesbro was still up.. :( >:( as of right now does anyone know where any structure is? i cant see any like standing timber or nething.. i dont have those depth finder thingies and i dont have a toon (YET! i keep saying that.. :o :'( :-/ :-X :-[ ) i think the next time i go there im gonna go straight to the dam and jig fish.. come to think of it i never even fished at that spot.. i always run off to some random spot lol.. wut a long post..