DFG proposal - Put striper limit at 6 fish with 12 inch size

At the CA Delta

http://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2011/11/0 ... -location/

The basic proposed changes are as follows:

Raising the daily bag limit for striped bass from two to six fish.

Raising the possession limit for striped bass from two to 12 fish.

Lowering the minimum size for striped bass from 18 to 12 inches.

Establishing a “hot spot” for striped bass fishing at Clifton Court Forebay and specified adjacent waterways at which the daily bag limit will be 20 fish, the possession limit will be 40 fish and there will be no size limit. Anglers fishing at the hot spot would be required to fill out a report card and deposit it in an iron ranger or similar receptacle.

Changes to the sport fishing regulations for the Carmel, Pajaro and Salinas Rivers to allow harvest of striped bass when the fishery would otherwise be closed.
I think this is so stupid and is really going to hurt the striper population
F those idiots next on the predator list is the Largemouth Bass , Anything for money what stupid bastards
Lowering the size limit will actually be beneficial and increase the size of striper in the long run.
When I first read the post, first thought was this is "Stupid". Then I read the other post's and I guess it is unanimous, this idea is stupid. There is already to much pouching going on and an over population in California. I remember when the size limit was 36" in the east coast, due to the overfishing. Took years to get them back but eventually saw the big fish coming back, due to tight regulations. Even if we caught a 36" ( As we did allot ) fish we would released because we knew it would help the fishery.

I guess the state is saying it is an introduced species, not natural to the ecosystem so take them, kill them, eat them, sell them and deplenish the population. What type of meat are you going to get from a 12" striper..

Set'Em Good
Florida strain largemouth bass are next ,look into it
I like a change but this is to aburpt...
increase the limit to 3 or 4 keep the same size limit or make a slot limit size (18" to 30"). Anything under or over goes back in the water or one fish over 30"..
Kinda like what they do for redfish
Now that would make more sense than allowing "over fishing" like they have presented.
Just my own opinion..
Yep with the amount of poachers you will see the number dwindle to nothing!
Awesome. They should raise the limit to 10 fish in my opinion.
Don't know why you guys are against it. The striped bass population is massive and are said to threaten the already threatened and endangered salmon populations. The proposal is not about money, it's about saving the salmon.
bassdude23 wrote:
Don't know why you guys are against it. The striped bass population is massive and are said to threaten the already threatened and endangered salmon populations. The proposal is not about money, it's about saving the salmon.

you have to understand that the striper are being falsley accused. The whole deal started a few years back when the farmers pumped all the water to the south and there was a big salmon die off due to no water All the rivers and what not were completley dry and hundreds if not thousands of salmon died when they moved upstream to spawn.You guys probably saw this a while back on the news and thats why salmon fishing was closed for a couple years to try and restore the salmon population. Well those farmers started a group stating that they were wanting to restore the salmon population but all they want is our water to pump down south. So this group of farmers in order to get theyre water, blamed the salmon population die off from the striper eating the salmon. Well this makes no sense because salmon and striper have co existed since 1847. Plus there is so much other food that there is no need for stripers to target salmon only. So all this is all made up from the farmers, and thats the deal with a orginization called restore the delta. You may have heard of the tournaments they hold. Well they are all bass fishierman trying to fight back from these terrible farmers. But this ruling for the fish is not official yet they first need to have a public hearing and many other things.
Well said Nick , it is about southern cali farmers and politician bastards ,and yes its ALL ABOUT THE DOLLAR!
They dont give a damn about us or our kids or our freedom!
WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA!!
nicholas.trinh wrote:
bassdude23 wrote:

you have to understand that the striper are being falsley accused. The whole deal started a few years back when the farmers pumped all the water to the south and there was a big salmon die off due to no water All the rivers and what not were completley dry and hundreds if not thousands of salmon died when they moved upstream to spawn.You guys probably saw this a while back on the news and thats why salmon fishing was closed for a couple years to try and restore the salmon population. Well those farmers started a group stating that they were wanting to restore the salmon population but all they want is our water to pump down south. So this group of farmers in order to get theyre water, blamed the salmon population die off from the striper eating the salmon. Well this makes no sense because salmon and striper have co existed since 1847. Plus there is so much other food that there is no need for stripers to target salmon only. So all this is all made up from the farmers, and thats the deal with a orginization called restore the delta. You may have heard of the tournaments they hold. Well they are all bass fishierman trying to fight back from these terrible farmers. But this ruling for the fish is not official yet they first need to have a public hearing and many other things.

It is not about what happened a few years back and again not about money. The proposal is backed by USFWS and NOAA, who are two federal agencies extremely involved conservation. And if you read about the history of this they actually stopped stocking striped bass in 1990 to help recover winter run chinook salmon. Then they began stocking again 1999 and stopped in 2000 for similar concerns. The die off of stripers was on one river, the Klamath, and there are several different ESU's that are listed under the Endangered Species Act so this is not about the farmers (the federal government diverted water to the farmers) and that single event. The problem is historical and several factors have contributed to degraded salmon populations including predation from stripers (scientific fact) and the impact from their increasing population.
bassdude23 wrote:
nicholas.trinh wrote:
bassdude23 wrote:

It is not about what happened a few years back and again not about money. The proposal is backed by USFWS and NOAA, who are two federal agencies extremely involved conservation. And if you read about the history of this they actually stopped stocking striped bass in 1990 to help recover winter run chinook salmon. Then they began stocking again 1999 and stopped in 2000 for similar concerns. The die off of stripers was on one river, the Klamath, and there are several different ESU's that are listed under the Endangered Species Act so this is not about the farmers (the federal government diverted water to the farmers) and that single event. The problem is historical and several factors have contributed to degraded salmon populations including predation from stripers (scientific fact) and the impact from their increasing population.

everyones entitled to their own opinion. I stand with mine as most other fisherman would too. and it is about the money and the farmers. Like i said thats what the whole deal with the restore the delta program. these farmers are posing as people who want to conserve the population but all they want is our water.
I brought this up in the saltwater section...

proposed-striper-rules-unreal-4758.html

I sent the CFAG commission my 0.02cents and i suggest you guys do also.
everyones entitled to their own opinion. I stand with mine as most other fisherman would too. and it is about the money and the farmers. Like i said thats what the whole deal with the restore the delta program. these farmers are posing as people who want to conserve the population but all they want is our water.[/quote]

Hahahahaha. Yes because Restore the Delta is giving all the water to farmers... Restore the Delta has various stakeholders involved in their organization. It's clear you're incredibly misinformed and I'll just leave it at that.
Quote:
Hahahahaha. Yes because Restore the Delta is giving all the water to farmers... Restore the Delta has various stakeholders involved in their organization. It's clear you're incredibly misinformed and I'll just leave it at that.

dude the whole point of that orginization is to stop giving the water to farmers so that there still a delta to fish. Looks like your a little misinformed. watch the whole video bobby gives a very explanation to all of those who want a little bit more insight on the whole striper deal
nicholas.trinh wrote:
Quote:

dude the whole point of that orginization is to stop giving the water to farmers so that there still a delta to fish. Looks like your a little misinformed. watch the whole video bobby gives a very explanation to all of those who want a little bit more insight on the whole striper deal

Haha wow. I was being sarcastic. Through your posts you made it sound like the farmers who are trying to take all the water created Restore the Delta so I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. Also the whole point of Restore the Delta is not to stop giving water to farmers. It's to provide water for several stakeholders (which means farmers, public, fishery, recreation etc.) but in a sustainable way.
what kills me about all that crap is they have tons of space in the mountain too build dams for farm land in the los padres forest and the sierras to ... build more damns back there for holding water plus you can create more hydro plants with with it...
just my 2 cents