Difference between Dobyn's Savy series and Champion series

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN THE DOBYN'S SAVVY SERIES AND DOYBN'S CHAMPION SERIES?? BESIDES THE PRICE OF COURSE. THE ONLY REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE SOMEONE (WHOS FISHING OPINION I RESPECT) TOLD ME THE SAVVY FEELS EXACTLY LIKE THE CHAMPION SERIES....THE GUY WHO TOLD ME THIS OWNS A BUNCH OF DOBYN'S CHAMPION SERIES RODS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF HE WAS CORRECT?? ANY HELP??
Ok so if this is the Mario I am thinking of. I will tell you that the Savvy is a little more top heavy. The blank is not as sensitive. I honestly believe the Savvy is like a Powell. Both are top heavy, yet still sensitive and durable. The savvy is a little bit heavier though for the rod as a whole.

The Champion. Well yes the price is higher. But you will be getting a better blank. They have more variety of rod specific techniques. The guides on the Savvy and Champion are the same which are Kiegan Guides.

Also it depends on what you plan on using it for. If you are gonna use it for Jig, C-rig, T-rig, and other rods where feeling out the contour of the bottom is critical then I reccomend the Champion. It will help paint the picture of the bottom better for you.

If you are using the rod for cranking, then I would go with the Champion as well as they also offer a glass rod.

If you are looking for a general rod that gets the job done and you are not fishing everyday and dont have a problem feeling a light bite, then get a Savvy.

I will tell you this. A more expensive/lighter rod WILL NOT catch you more fish!!!! However it will increase your chances because you will have understanding of the contour/structure you are fishing as well as you may feel bites that you did not feel before cause the rod you had was not sensitive enough.

Just my .02 cents. If you have questions, pm me. I am in Kentucky so I cant answer questions immediatly but I will do my best to get back to u asap.
im looking at the Dobyn's filp rod 766 7'6" heavy...
You dont need an uber expensive flip rod. The 766 Savvy is great for the money. The Champion version is a bit lighter and more balanced. If you fishing with braid or flouo for flipping, the Savvy will be plenty sensitive. Flip sticks also go through a lot of abuse naturally, so you might want to go with a Savvy if you are afraid of knocking around a higher price rod. That being said, the Champion is a bit more sensitive and will work better for lighter flipping duties like finese flipping.
Dockboy is right, most of the time the fish is just gonna tug on ur line when its a flip fish. however, for me flippin takes alot of stamina to do all day. I am using a dx795c right now, and i figure if i have to flip all day long with this thing, then i want something comfortable enough and light enough that doesnt put strain on my body. So theoretically a heavier rod will wear you out quicker. So maybe think about where you will use it. I mean honestly, if you are only gonna flip for a total of one hour a day at the delta, savvy is ok. But if you flip alot, then get the champion.

Sorry to be so confusing.
thanks both of you guys .....
i'm gunna go with the champion.. I'm gunna put in some quality time at the delta this summer.. cant wait.
Good choice
coming from a guy that doesnt know much about fishing rods and am just trying to learn, I really like the champion series. I am not an every day fisherman, but I do believe in buying the best I can afford.

I spent some time with Gary Dobyns over at Hi's tackle a few weeks ago and went over some of the differences between the two series rods you are talking about. All in all the Savvy series is an excellent rod, Gary was actually recommending it to me due to 1. my budget and 2 the amount of fishing I do.

both rods are very well balanced, however the champion just felt better in my hand as far as weight and balance go. As mentioned before the guides are the same. If they weren't offering a deal on the champion series (buy a rod, get a free shimano reel) I would have probably bought the savvy. I wanted a jig/spinnerbait/crankbait/t rig (kinda an all around rod) and ended up with the 704 c. I am super happy with it so far.