dinkville and captain save a bass...

I've been fishing anderson trying to learn to dropshot deeper water. I've been catching plenty of dinks, which is waaayyy better then getting skunked. I finally picked up the trusty jig and got popped by a decent anderson fish. Kept him in the livewell to see if I could get another one for a double pic. Couldn't get anymore jig fish, so I caught a bigger dink(is that possible ;D) to round out my two fish photo. Yeah...small fish, but I haven't taken any photos in awhile and I need to work on my self pic techniques in my boat.

Now to the captain save a bass...
I got to the dock right at 4:30 on Saturday. As I'm walking up to get my jeep I look over and see a pretty nice sized bass floppin around on the surface. I got back in my boat and go get it. I pick it up and it has a hook wound in its lip. I wonder if there was a tourney there and someone livewelled it. It was probably big fish of the tourney too, cause it was pretty nice sized for anderson. It took me about 30 mins to nurse it back to health. The whole time I was just waiting for a ranger to show up and give me a ticket. She finally stayed down...I hope she's telling her sisters that it's alright if they bite jerbs' hook. ;D

I only have these picture below of the saved bass. For some reason my girlfriend erased the the good one of it in the water. Â >:(
Captain Save a Hog!!!!

Right on man, way to get out and fish!!!
How deep were your fish? About how big was the fish you found on the surface? It looks like a nice sized fish.At least you did not get skunked.
Dude you look cold!!! your girl has got to be savage!!! But i bet that boat is warmer than the toon... ;)
it was cold...The gf didn't come that day. I kinda got in trouble for going
actually.... :D Not trouble, but she wasn't stoked ;D

Dmun, 20ft. I was standing with one leg slightly bent and one hand in my pocket, I think doing that helped too...haha. just joking dude. ;D

That bass was at least a 4lb., maybe more.
Maybe a warm 40 oz would help too!!!
I'm just curious but what do you look for when you drop shot or jig that deep? I just want to get git every bit of info I can.
or hot rolled one... ;D

I'm no expert on dropshotting, maybe someone else could answer that question better. What I will tell you is, find a fishing looking point, put your boat in 20ft and drop it straight down, shake it, hopefully catch a fish. If not move on and repeat.
Quote:
it was cold...The gf didn't come that day. I kinda got in trouble for going
actually.... :D Not trouble, but she wasn't stoked ;D

Dmun, 20ft. I was standing with one leg slightly bent and one hand in my pocket, I think doing that helped too...haha. just joking dude. Â ;D

That bass was at least a 4lb., maybe more.

Dude, the gf is b itchin at you fishin already? It doesn't get any better if you get married. ;D
Thanks man I've learn so much since my last trip on the water. I hope I can get out on the water and try them out.
hey kev, thats what its all about, pushing the limit right!!! my girl just about left me after a night trip once.
Dmun, dude, thats what its all about, get out on the water and try new stuff. dont worry about what other people are doing. do what you feel confident in and dont lose that confidense!!! You will catch fish, but not if your not on the water!!!
not just on that day...just that fact that I wanted to stay in town and fish and not really go anywhere over christmas break. ;D
Right On Jerbs ;) ;) ;) ;)
Way to get out and save that Bass lots of people would not have gone out to that floppin fish!!
Good On Ya!!

Drop shottin i got to get out and try that im no good at it i have never not once
happy new year Jerbs and all you SJB
Yep happy new years!!!!