Do you need an outboard motor to fish the Delta?

Quick question -> Do you need an outboard motor to fish the Delta? I have a 14ft. aluminum boat with a 55lb thrust trolling motor transom mounted. How strong are the currents? Thanks!
it depends on the weather and where you go. i have had an awful time on the delta with just a trolling motor and wouldn't recommend it, but i know outboards are expensive. the tides rip through franks tract/bethel island area and i was barely moving on a 65lb thrust minnkota. roll out to the south delta/ orwood/ disco bay. less hectic and good water to fish. Whatever you do, be safe, the delta has no problem taking lives of those who do not respect it.
_KingPin_
Thanks for the heads up KP. I just got the boat and have a couple months to use it before I store it at Loch Lomond. I guess I will figure out another way to fish the Delta. Thanks again.
I have a an outboard I can sell ya ...15 hp Evinrude.. Completely tuned up, fluids changed, carb cleaned and adjusted. Sitting at the outboard motor shop now. Let me know... I really need to sell!!!