FALL 2010 ALMADEN LAKE/PONDS ANY TIPS?

Today Im goin to be using gang hooks, 2 to 3 size6 hooks on the same leader, the hooks are aprox. 1.5inches apart. The idea is that because latley my 3/0 worm hooks have been missing a lot of strikes I need to change my rig to compensate for the short striking Bass. Hopefully this will solve the problem of "smart bass", you know the ones who always get away.

Also I will be searching for shallow water (4-5ft) with a nearby drop off into deeper water. The corners are good at most the ponds because of current which allows for better oxygen, smaller bass and bluegills gather at these spots which means Bigger Bass are most likely not far behind. In fact I know 100% that the big ones are in those areas.

I have a very low Bass I.Q., in other words I know very little about serious Large Mouth Bass Fishing even with all the information out there about locating bass, structures in the water, tullies, overhanging tree lines, weather, bait selection, presentation, colors, scent, water clarity, retreval speed, bass beds, wind direction, choppy water, etc. the list goes on and on!

So I cant learn everything overnight, therefore I can only apply what I know so far. Come to think of it all I really know is the corners are really good! Id aprreciate any tips REGAURDING FALL BASS FISHING AT ALMADEN LAKE to help me become a more succesful fisherman!
I just walked outside and its raining! I dont care Im still goin!
Well since you're 100% sure you know where the big one's are it sounds like you already have quite a bit figured out...by the way your "gang hook" rig sounds like you're going to be tearing up fish..and getting hung up more often then not..I would stick with a traditional set up and work on your mechanics in order to hook/land more fish.
JDBassin wrote:
Well since you're 100% sure you know where the big one's are it sounds like you already have quite a bit figured out...by the way your "gang hook" rig sounds like you're going to be tearing up fish..and getting hung up more often then not..I would stick with a traditional set up and work on your mechanics in order to hook/land more fish.

+1 on this... I agree with JD, If you already know, why ask? lol
Not sure but i think 3 hooks same line, leader , not actually legal except in surf fishing
almadenbassmaster wrote:
Not sure but i think 3 hooks same line, leader , not actually legal except in surf fishing

2 is the max, even in most tournaments
Try what you think might work. There is no harm in thinking outside of the box, that is usually how some people find secret set-ups. My dad, made a jig with a senko/nightcrawler set up and calls it the Marcelino Special. He's never caught a fish on it, but he is willing to try anything that might get him a world record. :D Just be sure it is legal.

Don't know what kind of rig you are throwing on but you might want to learn how to set up a drop shot rig. The little hook might scare you out of using but it is a very effective presentation...just don't set for the stars when you get bit. There are a lot of videos online that will show you how to use it. If you want rip their lips off and set like you are picking up a 100 pound anchor, use a jig. A hula grub with a football jig head seems to work wonders this time of the year at Almaden as well. Maybe give that a go. Stop by Coyote Bait and Tackle, they will help you out.

You are going to be a great basser if the rain isn't scaring you. Good luck and welcome to SJB. IT'S WHERE A LOT OF PEOPLE COME TO LEARN HOW TO FISH OUR LOCAL WATERS. THAT IS WHAT IT WAS MADE FOR.