Finally graduating into "Nice" gear!

Just picked up a Shimano CSS68MB Clarus Bass Spinning Rod, and then picked out a Daiwa Aird 2500SH. So far, the difference in using these "more expensive" items, compared to the ones I picked out in pre-made packages from the shelf for like $30.00, is that it's totally different, and I can now cast ridiculously far, and feel a fish fart if he is next to my line.

Glad I broke down to pick up a decent set up.. After I catch 25 "decent" fish I will purchase another set up, for bigger bass on the Delta.
Agreed , i totally agree and congrats , wife dont understand why i spend so much
I read a post recently when someone compared how rods and reels are to a guy as shoes are to a girl. You can never have enough, you might have some you may only use a couple of times, you're always looking for another even if it's just the slightest difference in one you already have, and you never want to get rid of them.
Congrats on moving up...it feels good!
Now you just need to upgrade some bearings, haha
Dave ,
congrats on the new gear. Not only does the "feel " of the rod make a huge difference and the casting ability help you reach new area's , the gear typically last's way longer . I have been using "upgraded" gear from Shimano for the past 15 years and love em .
I like to stick with the rods that have the best feel and warranty. I have broken a few Crucials and CBT just does an exchange and I good to go.
Tight lines ,
Robb
Congrats! There's nothing like quality gear to make your fishing experience the best it can be.

FYI- My wife didn't understand why I needed so many rods either! Here's what I did to help her understand:

She understands golfing, so I used this analogy:

My finesse rod is like a putter, it needs to be a sensitive as possible and with light line, a high quality reel is critical to my success when I hook a big one...

My Crank bait, top water, spinnerbait, frogging, pitching and flipping rod are like irons and drivers, you need each one for specific "distance" or technique...

I hope this helps! ;)

Also, if you bank fish, never let your reel come in contact with the ground/dirt/sand - It'll shorten the life of the reel dramatically, especially with spinning reels.

Good luck on the water!
blckshirt98 wrote:
I read a post recently when someone compared how rods and reels are to a guy as shoes are to a girl. You can never have enough, you might have some you may only use a couple of times, you're always looking for another even if it's just the slightest difference in one you already have, and you never want to get rid of them.

And they have to be 'pretty' :)
I will have to use this comparison....