First fish of '09

Drop a photo and/or description of your first catch of the year!
Well for my first fish of the year.. I got up at 4am on New Years Day and headed north to to Del Valle outside of Livermore...
Man I tell you what guys... this place has got to be a bass haven in the spring summer months...
I found two huge christmas tree drops.. the big one must have had 40 plus trees on a chain with cinder blocks... another was nearly as big... there are also huge deep drop off points here ... lots of rock and stone bottoms.. ledges too...

Got to the gate little after 6 am.. and to my suprise there was atleast 8 boats ahead of me... the gate was still locked up and the girl was late to work.. nice way to start the New Year..LOL.. must have been a late party for her.
None the less got on the water after being inspected... everyone was focused on launch ramp and outside the bouys around the launch area.. the trout were planted on New Years Eve on by the DFG... There must have been like 30 plus boats on the lake that day ..
I was like, wow!!! We didn't get any while anchoring in the middle with the rest of the boats, but we saw alot being caught though..
I did speak to a gentleman who did land 2 bass .. one being over 10 pounds... he caught it on a watermelon green jig..

So, we move all over the lake , fishing here and there.. I had my JIMMYG special set up in the water, plus I threw a texas rigged crawdad and a beaver tail as well... didnt even get a hit. I did manage one trout for the trip so I kept the skunk away for the new year.. but it was the knowledge of what I learned about the lake while it was so low that I found to be the best catch for the trip...

And there was also a 15.8 pound striper caught on powerbait as well...
Water temps - 48 in the early AM hours and topping the day of at 52 degrees later in the day down by the dam.
Very nice lake I must say. i will be back there looking for the bass bite in spring a time or two..

So far for 2009 ..1 fish on the first trip out...
Up next I think the Delta...
Quote:
JIMMYG special set
lol lol lol lol
I got my first one at a secret pond and had no scale or camera so I Estimated around 6lbs.I caught it on strike king diamond shad, Great way to start the new year.
Anderson dink in the winter. 2009!!!
Any fish is better than no fish. Was that a "Tecate" bass float in the background? LOL
I'm catching something if I am going out in the winter!!
Too bad that 22oz was bigger then your fish lol [green]
First fish of 09 BABY.....Full limit too....

Pre fishing for the TS this Sunday!!!!......Anderson DINKS what else...But hey all 13''...

What a day woke up early superbowl sunday and hit Anderson up!!!!...

Got there at 10am left at 2pm...Had a limit in 3 hrs!!!!...Not bad....If it was the TS I would have been KICKER HUNTING!!!!....lol....But had to go see the game!!!!....

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Hey Jr. I see the minnow you where using, but where's the LMB's.......Just kidding.... [green]
Way to go Jr.
Nice little bag you have there... keep those coming on Sunday!!
Rippin_Lips wrote:
Way to go Jr.
Nice little bag you have there... keep those coming on Sunday!!

Gunna try 4 sure!!!!.....Since I think Jerbs is going I will DEF B on MY GAME!!!!.....lol....

[green] [green] [green] [green] [green]

Wish we could have stayed a lil longer just to see if I could get a KICKER in the boat....But the NFL GAME was CALLING ME!!!!!....LOL...

JR
I was able to get out ot Anderson Yesterday and pick up my first fish of the year also. First trip of the year and I was able to do it. I didn't get a pic as I left my camera at home, I though it was in the truck but I guess I took it out. Anyway it was a normal anderson fish, maybe a little bigger, probably about 2lbs maybe 2.5lbs. I wish I would have been able to find a few more. Bring on Sunday, since the weather is going to jack up everything, so now we will see who has the skills to find the fish.
CABassBuster21 wrote:
so now we will see who has the skills to find the fish.

Hahahahahahah .....Wel we all know now u AINT BRINGING HOME THE BACON!!!!!! [green] [green] lol lol lol lol

PS...Hope u FIND UR SKILLS!!!!!..... [8|] [8|] [8|] Since u barely hunt or fish any more!!!!...

Hehe HAhah.... lol lol lol lol

Least we all know now u will weigh in at least 1 DINK!!!!.... [8|] [8|] lol lol

Everyone watch out for Eric....He prolly CAGED that BASS and GPS'd its location for weigh in!!!!!!! [red] [red] lol lol lol [green]

Jr
Ice on the lakes and rivers has just recently started to melt here so it's that crappy transition time where there's no open water to fish but the ice is too thin and slushy too ... so I've relegated my fishing pursuits to tackle maintenace. But in Jan I did manage to pull a tiny pickerel out of a hole ... ;|

-BT
Jim Jr wrote:

I would rather catch those dinks all day than catch herpes....

-BT
BassTard wrote:
Jim Jr wrote:

-BT

Hahahahahahha....Thanks....Nice to see u bak BT!!!!!

Jr
Jim Jr wrote:
BassTard wrote:
Jim Jr wrote:

-BT

Hahahahahahha....Thanks....Nice to see u bak BT!!!!!

Jr

Thanks Jr. It's good to be back and green with envy :P

-BT