Fishing Lines

I have two curious question on what your guys use. What line (mono or braid) do you use when fishing swimbaits and what pound test? What the difference between suffix siege (blue) and elite (red)?
I use Trilene Big Game 12lb monofilament line for everything.
drewsturrrr wrote:
I have two curious question on what your guys use. What line (mono or braid) do you use when fishing swimbaits and what pound test? What the difference between suffix siege (blue) and elite (red)?

well all i know is that red line is invisible to bass
I currently have 10lb braid (equivalent to 2lb mono in thickness) on one of my poles and it seems to work fine with the Lake Fork SwimShad softbait I have.
15 lb Big Game (mono) for most med-smaller swimbaits. 20-25lb Big Game for the Huds and bigger size swimbaits.

Braid is too sensitive for me when throwing the swimbaits. I like the stretch in the mono. Helps let the rod load up and lets the fish inhale the bait so you get em on the set. Braid and flouro...they breathe on it and you'll rip it out of their mouth. Seen it happen too many times. I've watched swimbait beginners move from flouro or braid to mono while throwing swimbaits, hook ratio increases dramatically.
i use braid as well. i was just told one day to change all my lines to braid. its some strong stuff. it works for me.
Agree with the mono. I dont have the confidence with braid. Thinking bout 25-30lb mono for swimbaits like lunker punker, hudds, matt lures, spro, etc for my revo toro 60 and gloomis swimbait 955 rod.
20-25lb Seaguar FLuorocarbon only on big swimbaits 6-10"
Read this too
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/fishingtips/news/story?page=b_FT_MS_Velvick_Swimbait6
I would try Triple Fish Camo Escent.Only 10$ and you can respool lots of times. It is pretty strong seems stronger than Big Game to me but the line tends to coil when you first use it but just strech it out and will fix that. Fluoro will work but since your going to be throwing the punker I would use Mono. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage ... TFCEL.html
dmun wrote:
I would try Triple Fish Camo Escent.Only 10$ and you can respool lots of times. It is pretty strong seems stronger than Big Game to me but the line tends to coil when you first use it but just strech it out and will fix that. Fluoro will work but since your going to be throwing the punker I would use Mono. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage ... TFCEL.html

DMUN is right, 20-25lb mono, it stretches a little more than fluoro and prevents ur line from snapping if using braid, but mono floats and it prevents the line from getting caught in the hook so much
What about a good diameter matchup of braid and mono leader tied together with a dbl. uni knot? Then you can adjust the leader length to provide the sensitivity and stretch you want. I rarely ever fish with anything besides braid as main line. The spool memory of other types drive me insane, lol. I'll take an occasional wind knot over a rat's nest any day.
jig i 100% agree with you bro. if ever you get a birds nest you might as well call your fishing trip off. that has happened to me many times. thats why im glad my buddy told me about braid!