Fishing this week!

I am taking off this next week while I change jobs at my company. I have nothing really to do but relax!

I will be out there fishing the banks as often as possible, and would love to meet up with anyone else. Let me know if you're gonna be out there at all.

Otherwise, best of luck to you this week.

kevin
Will let you know on this coming week, possible back seat open for Calero/Anderson.. Wed or Thur depending on weather...

Set'Em Good
Thanks man. I'll check back on it.

Went to calero today, not even a bite.
kinkers, thanks for the report on calero. what were you throwing? there still seems to be a bit of a cold front, i think next weekend should bring some decent warmer weather (high 60's) for a few days in a row.
i'v been at calero a few times this past month with no luck. where are the good spots to fish there right now? also whats good to use there?
jayshogun wrote:
i'v been at calero a few times this past month with no luck. where are the good spots to fish there right now? also whats good to use there?

Calero's a fantastic lake and has many areas to fish. (are you on foot or boat?) You can throw anything from finesse worms to huge swimbaits and score. You just gotta give them what they want when they want it. Just be patient and work the water you're in very thoroughly. Senkos (a must have), jigs, chatter baits and lipless crankbaits are effective during this time of year. Good luck and don't give up.
Ryan, I was on foot and headed south from the boat ramp. That might just be a bad direction to go right now because the water is pretty shallow at the edge, with lots of weeds (which normally are not under water). It might be better heading north towards the dams.

I tried drop shotting a robo worm (always works at calero), rattle trap, black spinner, white spinner, small shad swimbait, and a shad colored fluke (I was just trying to practice with the fluke).

I think boaters were getting better luck over in the coves on the opposite side.

If I go back this week I will head north of the boat ramp and go all the way down to the spillway and fish my way back. I skip the dam, but all the little points between the big dam and the little dam have fish. The slope/drop off is steeper over there, so probably have better access to the fish from that side right now.

kevin