Fizzing a Bass!!! Vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyoe0jrZWvQ

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElUlJPUo ... re=related

I thought these would be great info for SJB'ers......

Was out at Anderson this Monday and they had a nice lil TS going on about 20 boats in all!!!!....

Saw Jerbs too,which was great!!!! Long time no see!!!!....

Any whooooo......Heard people catching fish in 60+ FOW!!!! Here is a great tool to hav!!!!....Im buying one....Just to make sure every lil LMB goes back HOME SAFE!!!!!....

And here is a link to there website....@ 5 bucks a pop....That cheap to see a BASS GET BIGGER!!!!!!......

Jr
Hey Jr, please post the link this looks like something I'd like in my tackle box. Thanks
yeah I tried to fizz a fish for the first time yesterday. I let my buddy do the rest of them lol If you are fun fishing you can just reel the fish up slower and they will usually be able to get back down.

It was nice to see you too jr. Sorry I couldn't really talk to much, was tryin to stay in that zone. hhaha.

we ended up with almost 7lbs. for 5 fish. 4th place, 1lb out of the money. It was a good tourney though.

You catch anymore jr. ?
jerbs wrote:
You catch anymore jr. ?

Nah ended the day with 2 fish for me....When I went back to the launch ramp I picked up Rick and his lady....

He got lucky and caught 2 drop shot'n.....

I really didnt wanna fish deeper than 30 cause of all the FIZZIN I heard peeps were doing....

Im sorry but I would rather take a SKUNK than KILL some LMB's!!!!....Thats just me though.....

But I did get my first 2 fish of 09'.......Yay....2 Dinks but hey i had the smell of VICTORY on my HANDS!!!!!....lol..... [green] [green] [green]

Jr
Bit me Jr. J/K (me for 09) I guess I'am going to start hang out at Parkway with Kev and JimmyG God I need to catch a fish...........lol
Here is the link I forgot!!!...lol...It happens!!!!...

www.bendsmender.com

Jr
it does happen, but like I said I have never had to fizz a fish fun fishing. Real em up slow and let em go immediately you should be okay. Anderson needs some thinning anyways...haha.

Sr. you shoulda been draggin a dropshot from the back of the boat. you woulda caught one for sure.
jerbs wrote:
it does happen, but like I said I have never had to fizz a fish fun fishing. Real em up slow and let em go immediately you should be okay. Anderson needs some thinning anyways...haha.

Sr. you shoulda been draggin a dropshot from the back of the boat. you woulda caught one for sure.
It don't matter what I drag fish don't like me.....I know somewhere there is a big dumb bass with my name on it.... [green]
Thanks for the fizzing post...very educational, being able to physically see the technique and tool. However, I would like some more input about which technique and tool is better, for I just got this months BASSMASTER and there is an article about fizzing with a different tool and location. They show fizzing a bass from the exterior side 3 scales behind the end of the pectoral fin and then removing the scale. Wouldn't that method be more harmful to the bass, by removing its' scale to fizz from the side? I want to purchase a tool for fizzing, or make one, but not sure which tool to get, or copy. SJBassers input on the matter and/or sugestions would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks... Ragga Ryan
Rag,

As of right now I have my miss's getting me a suringe with a fairly good size needle...Im going to try 3 diff sizes to see which one works best.....

If you get a suringe just take the plunger out and BAMMMMM!!!!!!!...Instant Bends Mender!!!!...

Lol....Good thing she works at a pharmacy....Might get them for free...She is say'n im a Insulin Patient!!!...

I will let u know how it goes....Might fish Monday at Anderson to EXPERIMENT THE FIZZ METHOD!!!!!....

Jr
Rags, I think you're right. The "gullet" method is probably safer, because it's easier to perform without the danger of puncturing other organs by mistake. Here's a pic I found to help with needle placement for your first time.

I would say that if you fish in deep water in the summer or winter, it's best just to pay the $5 and get a mender. It comes with detailed instructions so that you get it right and don't inadvertantly injure the fish. And really, it's 5 bucks, less than you'd pay for most crankbaits and half the price of a spool of mono.
Yeah cool Murf, thanks...just what I wanted to hear! I'll go p/u one like in the video Jim posted. Looks simple enough, just want to have respect for the bass, and do what is best. I wonder why Bass Masters published the article showing the other method and not both. This way seeming easier and safer. I bet I can fizz ocean fish the same way...just watch out for teeth.
haha, Lucky huh Jr.? (8-|

Thanks for the pick up, girl had fun, got a kick out of us acting a fool on the water.

And jerbs, I think your right about the thinning. Plus, who likes to take there time reeling in a fish. Set that hook and get them in the boat. }:(
Both Methods work great for fizzing a fish. The tool should be able to be used for both methods as well. I have heard of good and bad things from each way. The mouth seems to be easier for most people, locating the correct scale to remove or slide the needle under can be difficult. Going in through the mouth can be dangerous also I have seen people taken a few stabs at it until they finally found the bladder, the fish was fine and was weighed in later and released with no problems. If you miss on the side I think you have a better chance of hitting some other organs. Just make sure and try to fizz the fish when needed, but also do your homework so you know how.