Forebay 11/27,11/28

Out on the water both days at sunrise. Pretty damn cold. Topwater was so so both days. first day only brought one 22" fish to the boat. Hooked a couple more but lost them. Second day had a fish destroy one of the center split ring on my Vixen. Totally ruined, took the hook with him. I'm kinda new to striper fishing but dang they fight hard. And they don't stop even after in the boat. It's not easy removing three trebles out of a fish who won't stop fighting. About two week ago I caught 8 stripers at the forebay, had a fish flop aroung in the boat and got all the hooks stuck in my shoelaces. Dude, had to cut my laces off. A lot of people fishing with minnows caught their limits. The bite definatly shuts down fast.
A lot of fish slapping at the topwater baits, any ideas?
Does any body know where to find Largemouth out there?
So many shallow flats...
I find Largemouth on the channel breaks a lot with the dropshot this time of year.
kinda figured, drop shot had to come in to play somewhere. probably a better place to largemouth fish during spawn. Thanks man
Right on man, sounds like you fun out there. Â :) Got to love that striper fight!

I know what you mean about the hooks in the shoe laces. I once had a hook on my lace for like 4 months. finally got it out at a hook remover booth at the fishing expo. ;D
Quote:
kinda figured, drop shot had to come in to play somewhere. Â probably a better place to largemouth fish during spawn. Â Thanks man
To be honest. I think that early Fall is my favorite time because there is still a lot weeds left and the fish are really aggressive too because of all the bait that comes up shallow. The number one reason for me though is the weather. In Spring there is just so much wind that it's too hard to fish and the water get's churned up!
There is a good population of bass in the forebay. By what I have seen there are some 10+ Bass in there, you just have to find them.
Hit the tullies along the bank on the Madeiros side. If you can find the weed line you will find the LMB there too.
Where ever you find a weed line like Glenn said you will find LMB. Also pitch a wack riged senko into the tullies that also works.
Thanks guys, might have to head back over there this week for the top water striper bite early and afternoon largemouth. The stripers are very good beer battered and deep fried ;) the water on the madeiros side can't me more than 3 feet deep no. This time of year can you still fing them up that shallow?
Mederios is about 6 or 7ft at the deepest. Through out its probaly 4-5ft. I like throwing rattle traps in the flats like that.
Quote:
Thanks guys, might have to head back over there this week for the top water striper bite early and afternoon largemouth.  The stripers are very good beer battered and deep fried  ;)  the water on the madeiros side can't me more than 3 feet deep no.  This time of year can you still fing them up that shallow?
I was up there last week and there were a few fish on the flats in the morning. Though the majority of our fish and better grade ones were in the main body. The better grade ones were caught spooning in 20-30ft of water.

Lot's of fun!
tried a little spoon action today at Los Banos creek res. but no takers. Actually didn't have any takers from 7-11am. SKUNK O'LA. Terrible, the lake has that nasty algae all over. Some of it is turning like a blue/white mold looking color. All my reels and line are all green and junk. hate that stuff. Seems like that place, for me anyway is either awesome or sucks bad. No happy midpoint. I'm sure if i stuck deep with a dropshot I coulda got a couple bites but, sometimes you just feel like throwing some big baits. Maybe the storm thats blowing in had something to do with it.
Nitroboy,

I know your pain about LBC, ask Jim about it...either you love that lake or it kicks your a$!........I was there about 3 weeks ago and that algae was all over that place. I was able to land two in my money spots..I have fished that lake for the past 20 yrs and never remember it getting that bad. Usually the lake only turns in spring time....
Quote:
Nitroboy,

I know your pain about LBC, ask Jim about it...either you love that lake or it kicks your a$!........I was there about 3 weeks ago and that algae was all over that place. I was able to land two in my money spots..I have fished that lake for the past 20 yrs and never remember it getting that bad. Usually the lake only turns in spring time....

tis a tough lake but man it rewards you big time in the SPRING...Count on me being there on my days off!!!!!!!!

ewwwww cant wait!!!!! love those dayz were you gota wear badaids on ur thumb from catching to many fish...lol....
^^^^^^^^^^^ what's this Jr. aren't you at your new job??? and you are already playing on SJB.........I'am telling your new Boss...hahahaha ;D
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^ what's this Jr. aren't you at your new job??? and you are already playing on SJB.........I'am telling your new Boss...hahahaha ;D

hahahahaha....go for it he is siting right next to me while im showing him this site.....hahahahah....lol....NOW GET BACK TO WORK.....!!!! ol man....
Quote:
Quote:

hahahahaha....go for it he is siting right next to me while im showing him this site.....hahahahah....lol....NOW GET BACK TO WORK.....!!!! Â ol man....

Kissing @$$ are we Jr. :-* :-*
at least u cought somethin ;D