Forebay tonight

What up guys,
Gonna take a trip to the forebay tonight with a few buddies for some fishing and drinking. I'll report once we get skunked. [green]
Also got invite to go crabbing and rockfishing tomorrow with a buddy.
Gonna be a long ass night and long ass day but hopefully it will be worth it. I'll report back saturday afternoon.
Hardcore... Where are you fishing outa' tomorrow?
Go get em Sam. Good luck on both trips.
Thanks guys!
Shoot....I'm feeling tired just thinking how tired I"m going to be tomorrow afternoon. lol.
Houla. Gonna be going out of half moon bay. Heard parking is biatch so I gotta leave my house around 4:30-5 am.
That is hardcore! Winddog, myself and our buddy (+ my dog) are hitting SC tomorrow. I gotta leave my place around 5:00, but I'll be going to bed at around 8:00 tonight lol .
Good luck!
Dang that's a busy wknd right there! Good luck at the Forebay tonight. And tomorrow too! Maybe try using catfish carcass as crab bait? I bet it'd work. The marine forecast is flat this wknd.
houla wrote:
That is hardcore! Winddog, myself and our buddy (+ my dog) are hitting SC tomorrow. I gotta leave my place around 5:00, but I'll be going to bed at around 8:00 tonight lol .
Good luck!

Good luck to you guys too! Go get that big ling!
I read all the posts and had to go and take a nap.
Robb
What's up guys. Sorry for the late post. Was feeling lazy and tired. Hit the forebay Friday night. Was soaking bait and got a few hits but no takers. The other guys I was with wound up the same. Had a great time though. Woke up Saturday morning and drove over to HMB. Got there around 6:15. Launched around 6:20 and had the first pot in the water at 7. Dropped a total of 9 pots and went fishing for 2.5 hours. Managed to get 12 quality cod. Vermilion. Blacks. Coppers. After we went back to check the pots. The first 7 pots yielded 11 keepers. The last 2 got us our limit. Crab and cod...I'd call that a pretty good day. It was a little rough in the morning but got real nice. Tired a hell but it was a great weekend. Didn't take much pics but I'll post what I took later. Sorry if my posts bore you guys. (8-|
Sounds like it was all worth it! Did the day end there, or did you have to go home and clean/cook that feast? lol Is there even a good way to hold live crab for a day?
BTW, I'm pretty sure 1Oldman's nap comment was in reference to your marathon fishing trip, not the content of your posts. You never know though, old people can be cranky and unpredictable ;)
Thanks for the report!
It really was worth it. The day did not end there. lol.
I got home around 2:30 and had to be in sanjose at 4.
Managed to cook & clean the crab and scale and gut my fish in just under an hour. Didn't even get a chance to take a shower and my dirty ass took my kids to Vally Fair Mall for dinner while we waited for the wife to get out from a meeting she had. Got home around 7:30, took a shower and had a few friends over for crab and drinks. Not a bad day.
Thanks for reading!
houla wrote:
Sounds like it was all worth it! Did the day end there, or did you have to go home and clean/cook that feast? lol Is there even a good way to hold live crab for a day?
BTW, I'm pretty sure 1Oldman's nap comment was in reference to your marathon fishing trip, not the content of your posts. You never know though, old people can be cranky and unpredictable ;)
Thanks for the report!

Keep them in water with aerator. It will keep them alive for over 24hours. Ideally, you don't want to go over 24 hours as their meat starts to taste less sweet in my opinion.
IBangBangU wrote:
houla wrote:
Thanks for the report!

Keep them in water with aerator. It will keep them alive for over 24hours. Ideally, you don't want to go over 24 hours as their meat starts to taste less sweet in my opinion.

Fresh or salt water?
Saltwater
houla ,
my post was in no way a reflection of the event and how much fun was to be had .
It was merely a comment of thinking about that much effort to catch crabs and fish , made me tired just thinking about it ,
my nap solved the problem
Robb
Good stuff Sam.
Hey, I just realized there's a typo in your screen name!
1old Man,
I completely misunderstood your comment. Thats what happens when your half asleep...shoot. I"m still half asleep! lol.

Sin Coast,
Thanks! Yeah...I realized I had misspelled it after I registered. Couldn't figure out how to change it so I left it as is. lol.
1Old man wrote:
houla ,
my post was in no way a reflection of the event and how much fun was to be had .
It was merely a comment of thinking about that much effort to catch crabs and fish , made me tired just thinking about it ,
my nap solved the problem
Robb

Tell me about it! Dudes like Sam stacking fishing trips make dudes like us look like lazy old farts.