Going to Anderson 12/31

Anyone going to be at Anderson on Monday?
you tooning?
Quote:
you tooning?
I'll be in my friends tracker.
Good luck man.
If my chick lets me, I might sneak out early for a few hours. ;D
Look for a silver/gray skeeter.
Ended up not going until today. Bite was on!

Fished rockpiles and points today with jig and dropshot. Caught fish from 15ft to as deep 50ft of water. Weather was beautiful all day!

water temp 55
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) Right on man!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

To bad I dont have my new years lincense yet, way to get out there!!!

Little cold for ya yesterday? I know I was!!! ;D ;D ;D Still had a blast.
went out wednesday to anderson. Perfect winter day to fish, low wind, 3 or 4 boats on the water, not to cold and the fish were bitin'. Caught about twelve..(without the use of the dropshot!) all small fish, but still fun. Caught one on a spoon in about 40 feet. But couldn't seem to get any more bites with the spoon. Got tired of the deep fish, tried shallow with a shaky head and caught the other 11, 2-12 feet deep. forgot what shallow fishing was like, been awhile.
Quote:
went out wednesday to anderson. Â Perfect winter day to fish, low wind, 3 or 4 boats on the water, not to cold and the fish were bitin'. Â Caught about twelve..(without the use of the dropshot!) all small fish, but still fun. Â Caught one on a spoon in about 40 feet. Â But couldn't seem to get any more bites with the spoon. Â Got tired of the deep fish, tried shallow with a shaky head and caught the other 11, 2-12 feet deep. Â forgot what shallow fishing was like, been awhile.
I'm impressed Nitro! I've graphed huge baitballs and fish and haven't been able to get any of them to eat my spoon. I don't know what's up with those fish. You couldn't ask for a better situation to get them on a spoon too.

Oh well! That's fishing.
Slayer, seems like the fish arent hitting the spoon like they were in november, might have to do with lower oxegen levels at that depth? Not sure but i just read an article saying that the majority of people overwork a spoon. I know I jerk that thing like five feet. The article was saying that in winter to only pop it 6 to 12 inches. I think in fall when the bass are eating shad like crazy you can work it pretty fast. Now, need to slow it down.
Every thing in the winter seems to be slower is what I here most people say.
Quote:
Slayer, seems like the fish arent hitting the spoon like they were in november, might have to do with lower oxegen levels at that depth? Â Not sure but i just read an article saying that the majority of people overwork a spoon. Â I know I jerk that thing like five feet. Â The article was saying that in winter to only pop it 6 to 12 inches. Â I think in fall when the bass are eating shad like crazy you can work it pretty fast. Â Now, need to slow it down. Â
I have been fishing it like that too! I read the same article a while back.

Crazy fish!!!
fishin has been pretty good. Been gettin'em on jigs and dropshot. I want to try spooning but my front finder is messed up right now. After catching a few fish on jigs I threw a little river2sea swimbait and stuck a few fish. Stoked on a few swimbait fish in january, even if they're small ;D
Quote:
fishin has been pretty good. Been gettin'em on jigs and dropshot. I want to try spooning but my front finder is messed up right now. After catching a few fish on jigs I threw a little river2sea swimbait and stuck a few fish. Stoked on a few swimbait fish in january, even if they're small ;D
Right on jerbs! Always nice to catch few on the swimbait. Were they shallow or deep?
I gotta GET OUT Have not gotten the line wet this year :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Nice fish Jerbs. I wanna go try out a new technique that I seen on TV so bad.
Thanks dudes...It's funny how stoked I got on such a little fish. Swimbait fish are awesome. I caught them between 15-20' the day before the big storm came in.