Huddleston 7 pounder :D

One 7 pound beauty makes the whole day worth it. Caught on a 6" weedless hud.
Beastin! What lake/pond?
Looks like a creek
i caught my pb this weekend. a 9lber on a spinnerbait. how do you set the hook with a spinnerbait? right when it hits or do you let him take it
Nice hog hunter.

9lber?! Where at Norcal?
Nice one, Hiep! Always pulling miracles and fishing my spot man. LOL

Tony
Nice chunk!
FYI Creek season is almost over so anybody that like creek fishing you better get out there before it is close :) get that Toad!!! If you throwing big lure then keep throwing them 1 good size Toad is all you need for the day. Bring 2 rod or more so you can use 1 big lure and 1 some one to increase your chance of catch something 8-)
norcalfisherman925 wrote:
i caught my pb this weekend. a 9lber on a spinnerbait. how do you set the hook with a spinnerbait? right when it hits or do you let him take it

I just set the hook after after it takes it but try not to set it too hard or else you might rip it out their mouth because they slam them but if they dont slam them then keep reeling until they pull on the spinnerbait. Nice one btw buddy.
@castman it was just at a local pond. I live in Danville.

@basshunter. thank you for the tips. what do you do with swimbaits? i had a monster hit on a swimbait but i missed the fish. i think I was setting the hook too late.
@castman it was just at a local pond. I live in Danville.

@basshunter. thank you for the tips. what do you do with swimbaits? i had a monster hit on a swimbait but i missed the fish. i think I was setting the hook too late.

On my opinion on swimbait there are 2 kind of bite. One is nibble and the other is a slam when they just straight out smash the swimbait. WHen they nibble you gotta wait for them to take it then you can set the hook. when they slam it you gotta set the hook right away. To know when it is the right time to set the hook you really got to set the hook when they pull it. when they pull the swimbait is when the swimbait is in their mouth ready to set. hope this help. where did u get that monster hit at :D
wow nice! iv been wanting to buy some huds but trying to contain myself untill blackfriday so i can get the good deals. ha
oldmajor wrote:
wow nice! iv been wanting to buy some huds but trying to contain myself untill blackfriday so i can get the good deals. ha

the only thing i hate about it is that it takes 8 week to get to you ;(
I had the big hit at los vaqueros so it couldve been either a largemouth or a striper. He slammed it and i tried to let him take it but he dropped it. I should have set it right away
I had the big hit at los vaqueros so it couldve been either a largemouth or a striper. He slammed it and i tried to let him take it but he dropped it. I should have set it right away

yeah man u lost a giant one there. When ever they pull/slam it u gotta set the hook unless they just nibbling on it then u just twitch it a little n wait for them to pull it. keep an eye on the line.
It would have been nice too because 2-3 years ago before striper fishing at vaqueros was popular people were pulling out 10+ lbers every trip including myself. My biggest there was 14lbs. In the last year though as striper fishing there has been extremely popular I haven't seen any fish over 5lbs and talking to the workers they say they havent seen any monsters like they used to either.
It would have been nice too because 2-3 years ago before striper fishing at vaqueros was popular people were pulling out 10+ lbers every trip including myself. My biggest there was 14lbs. In the last year though as striper fishing there has been extremely popular I haven't seen any fish over 5lbs and talking to the workers they say they havent seen any monsters like they used to either.

Sounds like the result of overfishing and also the take of bigger fish, leaving the small runts to run about. Hopefully that place has a good population of runts so that in several years, some big fish will be caught again. Otherwise, its only going to get worse.
Yea Im going to start catching and releasing the stripers because it has gotten bad. It does have an insane amount of runts which is good for the future.
First, nice fish basshunter!

A question to striper guys...I realize I fish in the waters where big stripers might be swimming. While I doubt I'll catch a monster with the way I fish, there's always a slim chance. So I want to know how do you suppose to land a monster? I don't have a net which is big enough.
If it was me, I would get a bigger net, maybe a salmon net if you're looking to land a monster.