I Got HOOKED Up!!!

My uncle is the man who got me into fishing. This may be unusual to some because most boys get started out by their dad. I was but a 12 year old boy when I first got into fishing and was blessed to have gotten started out by a stellar fisherman. My uncle was a well accomplished in fishing and is an avid angler. He took me out to fish with him several times when I was a youngster. Then he started he got married and started his own business and I got older and started going to college; basically, we both got busy with life and haven't seen each other in years.

During the time I did not see him, I progressively grew as a fisherman in both skill and knowledge. About a week ago at my grandfather's memorial service/funeral, I got to see my uncle for the first time in a very long time. I asked if he was still into fishing, and he said he works 14 hour days 7 days a week because of his shop and doesn't have the time to fish anymore. I then pulled out my smartphone and showed him my fishing pictures. He couldn't be any happier and impressed. It felt good to make the man who got me into fishing proud. He told me that he's gonna give me all his tackle, rods and reels and to meet up one day.

My parents were having dinner at my Grandma's yesterday and my uncle was over too and he gave my parents some fishing reels to give to me. He said that he has way more stuff to give me, but he wants to give them to me when we meet up. I got surprised this morning when my parents told me that my uncle gave me some fishing reels. See below for pictures:

^Pictured from top left to bottom right: Shimano Curado CU-200, Abu Garcia 5500 C3, Shimano Calcutta 200, Shimano Symetre 2000, BP Proqualifier 2000S, and Shimano Citica CI-200.

This is only a dent. I just got off the phone with him a moment ago to thank him, and he said he's got a plethora of high end rods, reels, and drawers full of tackle, lures, etc. Pretty much he has some of the nicest stuff that you could get back in his era when he used to fish in the 80's to early 2000's. He said he's going to give it all to me. I'm so stoked!! I am also very grateful to my uncle not only because of his generosity but because he got me into fishing and helped me to be the fisherman I am today! THANK YOU UNCLE!!
hooked up indeed! i wish i got passed down calcutta's, curado's, and abu's [green]

you have to convince him to go out one day and take a break! congrats on the new gear
Best early X'mas present ever!!!

Yeah, get him away to fish and take him out for a nice steak dinner!
That bantaxm curado and Calcutta are nice reels man!
that's a cool story . I have a similar background , my uncle and my grandfather used to take me to San Luis back in the early 70's to catch stripers .
Your uncle "paid it forward" for you , now it's your turn to do the same for others .
God rewards those that are able and willing to be a blessing to others.
I can not imagine my life without "fishing" being a large part of it and I thank God that others planted that seed in my life .
As a side note , in your pictures you have a really old Garcia 5500 , very similar to my first baitcaster , a Garcia 5000D . It had a 3 to 1 gear ratio and when the drag went out the reel handle would spin backwards , I called that thing the "knuckle buster " LOL.
tight lines ,
Robb