I need a scale!

Caught this chunker this evening in campbell. Like the title says, i need to start weighing these things. This is my best of the year so far. Thanks for looking. So how much do you think she weighs? Keep in mind, im 6foot three, and ive got pretty big hands. :)
looks like 3lb
Quote:
looks like 3lb

lol

more like 5 or 6, 4 at least....hard to tell fully, but she has a gut on her. Prespawn fish weigh more than you usually think, lots of fat reserves built up for the spawn.
I wanna say 5, but the guy that saw me catch her said more like six? Idk, im not trying to be a snob, but it was quite heavy. Ive fished local ponds a lot and its really a great feeling to catch something over two pounds in one of them. Good to know theyre in there:) thanks again guys.
dockboy wrote:
Quote:
looks like 3lb

lol

more like 5 or 6, 4 at least....hard to tell fully, but she has a gut on her. Prespawn fish weigh more than you usually think, lots of fat reserves built up for the spawn.

Hard to tell by the pic angle
Id say its around 5 lbs
Nice fish , I would say around 4 or 5 lbs , the angle your holding makes it difficult to really see.
when my scale isn't working ( i have two in the boat) or when I am fishing from my pontoon boat or shore , do the math calculation they have on various websites , length X length X girth divide 1200 and it gives you a very accurate weight . Do it quickly so not to harm the fish and you have an accurtate weight.
Tight lines
Rob
Thanks 1old man, ill have to do that next time. I always try and get these fish back in the water quickly, as im not one to play with them a lot. My phone has a delay setting to allow me to set it down and get a quick picture, but without someone there, its not easy to get the angle and all that right.
Stupid Man wrote:
Caught this chunker this evening in campbell. Like the title says, i need to start weighing these things. This is my best of the year so far. Thanks for looking. So how much do you think she weighs? Keep in mind, im 6foot three, and ive got pretty big hands. :)

was that at the campbell perc ponds?
Yes sir. Campbell percs, the big guys are in there, but good luck getting them to bite and being in the right place at the exact right time. :)
haha. dude, no kidding. some time back i took a little lunch fishing time from work and went over there. was on the pier fishing for whatever and ended up seing four 4-5 pounders chilln around the pier. threw EVERYTHING in my arsenal to no avail.

not even a look or twitch!

punks!
Ya know, its a funny thing, i read somewhere that the largest fish basically get the run of the pond, and can be extremely easy or completely impossible to catch in waters of this size. Whatever the reason, ive been skunked more times than ide like to admit fishing here! Lol
Was this at the main pond next to the parking lot or the two other ponds behind it? I've always fished at the main one but never caught anything there.
ive been skunked each time i've been there. partly due because i don't spend enough time at that lake to "know" it, but it's pretty easy from what i see. just need to get its knack.

the frustrating thing is i know the fish are there. haha

i've seen schools of huge carp (or maybe koi) in there. never really come equipped for carp, but it'd be fun to snag one on light tackle.

then the bass, seen them... trout, well, i'm not a huge trout guy, but for the sake of catching a fish, i'm game.

i've only fished the back pond once for bass with no luck. all other times were at the main pond.

seems like the back ponds are way better for bass and maybe some catfish/carp. just never seen any fish being caught or seen them live as i've seen fish in the main pond.

one day...