if you like spinners tihs is the one!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... tname_link
Yeah I have the blk/blue one. Havent used it much and havent had much luck but im going to use it a bit more this yr.
Spinners is where I'm lacking in experience using. I know the basics from reading about it. Are you using a trailer hook and/or a type of grub or something along with it?
with the midnight spinner i didnt use a grub or a trailer hook. the midnight seems to work great just the way its made. it comes with a nice blade and a rattle. others i do use grubs never a trailer hook. i never used one. i also always have a few color skits on me just in case the fish a picky on colors.
I'll have to give that spinner a try. I lost my black chrome one so it's time to place another order. Thanks for the info.
Those are nice but aren't they more for night or dirty water? Strike King makes a great spinnerbait but the Midnight special is one of a dozen styles they offer. Booyah, War Eagle, Stanley Jigs, Terminator, and RodStrainer also make awesome spinnerbaits. Remember, the wire thickness on the spinnerbait is just as important as it determines the baits vibration ability.

Good fishin'
spinnerbaits are a great lure . You can work them in almost any depth. Some of the biggest fish I have ever landed are on spinnerbaits . 3/8 , 1/2 and 3/4 oz in the typical
white color combinations. My preffered in Strike King "premier plus" in 1/2 oz . Very balanced and already rigged with stinger hook and no need to add a trailer. Bagged an 11.4 out on Calero last summer with one . If you can work em really close to either weeds or wood ----awesome----strikes can be great!!!!
Work-em slower if you aren't getting bit.
1Old man
When that wind blows they love a blade...
caught 2 on friday Night as it was getting dark back to back . a 1 .5 and a 2 #'r
and just missed a fat one that looke dmcuh bigger a few cast later..
and sat afternoon around 330 I caught 2 more 2#'rs
1 on the blk/blue and the rest on the blk/red midnight specials! I love em now [!]
This was at the Penatencia perk ponds in the piedmont hills. I think its officially called Robert Gross perk ponds.
i used my blue and black one with a purple trailer at the campbell perc ponds today around 3:30 and got a good size one in the back pond. i love the fact you can use the midnight special during the day and still hit! im glad the weather is getting warm! [green]
jayshogun wrote:
i used my blue and black one with a purple trailer at the campbell perc ponds today around 3:30 and got a good size one in the back pond. i love the fact you can use the midnight special during the day and still hit! im glad the weather is getting warm! [green]

can u guys post a pic of what your using for trailers? I just used the lure alone and have some decent luck so if i can increase my odds with trailers im all for it???
[/quote]
can u guys post a pic of what your using for trailers? I just used the lure alone and have some decent luck so if i can increase my odds with trailers im all for it???[/quote]

I used stuff like this but their are many others and colors. It's mostly personal pref I think, but they all work I guess? I do sometimes over do It like putting 2 different skirts on and use over sized trailers and i never have any luck when I do that. I just get In that mode at times. So just try not to make them look to crazy....... I also hear from a good source that plasitc swim baits work good as well. I still havint tried It yet.
The midnight special is ok, but there are better spinnerbaits on the market with the same size colorado blade.