Kickboat FOR SALE! MUST SEE

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/3693546270.html
Are you the seller?
yes
I seen you at Calero the day you launched your pontoon nice pontoon nice setup but for $1000 you can pick up something much nicer and bigger with that money... I was the guy who asked you about the registration also hope that will help.
Eric wrote:
I seen you at Calero the day you launched your pontoon nice pontoon nice setup but for $1000 you can pick up something much nicer and bigger with that money... I was the guy who asked you about the registration also hope that will help.

Right on!

For the price at 1k obo, is pretty reasonable if you think about it bud? YES, you can buy one for almost half the price without any upgrades, registration, or labor. All in all, your going to end up spending as much, or more! As you can see, its fish ready....

why go bigger, if this is all you need....

What do you think the price should be?
I bought my fishcat panther for $300 its a 9fter fish finder for $100, trolling motor is $100, battery is $100, and rod holder PVC pipes few bucks on the bargain bin at orchard supply. I have owned two creek company pontoons before they are good for the price, but I wasn't digging the one bladder chamber plus the steel frame because it will rust and heavy. The fishcat one and the ODC 816 is aluminum frame much lighter and doesnt rust. I had a classic which is like yours and a ODC 816 both really great pontoons, but if you look on craigslist you can find them for really cheap. I bought ODC 816 for $180 and Classic was $200 brand new. You probably can get about half that price with your setup. If you're not in need of the cash I would just wait a little later when everyone is looking for one you might have a better chance of getting it closer to your asking price. Im sorry im not here to troll your post, but your asking price was a bit crazy imo. Good luck bro hope to see you on the water again!
I would think its proper etiquette to not come and crash another person's sale, regardless of what you think its value is. Not cool in my book.
IBangBangU wrote:
I would think its proper etiquette to not come and crash another person's sale, regardless of what you think its value is. Not cool in my book.

+1
I do not agree . It's better to understand if you have it priced right rather than waiting for no response .
Personally , I have two Creek Company toons , one is an 8 footer and the other is a 9 footer . Both are set up without trolling motor and no depth finder . You can buy brand new poontoons like the one shown for $300-400 without adding extra's. By the time you add your own personal configurations (both mine have very functional storage boxes in the back) you are way under that asking price .
On the one shown I didn 't see a depth finder , just trolling motor and battery ?
tight lines ,
Robb
1Old man wrote:
I do not agree . It's better to understand if you have it priced right rather than waiting for no response .
Personally , I have two Creek Company toons , one is an 8 footer and the other is a 9 footer . Both are set up without trolling motor and no depth finder . You can buy brand new poontoons like the one shown for $300-400 without adding extra's. By the time you add your own personal configurations (both mine have very functional storage boxes in the back) you are way under that asking price .
On the one shown I didn 't see a depth finder , just trolling motor and battery ?
tight lines ,
Robb

That is true, but I find that to be the buyer's duty to negotiate prices and such if they're interested in it but not happy with the price that is listed.

I'll admit that I don't know anything about kickboats and its costs for add-ons and such, but this kickboat is worth whatever it is to the seller as he is the one who invested the time into putting it together. Whether the price is too high or not, I believe he has all the right to ask whatever he would like for it, without having another member come on here and trying to make the sale look bad. Just my opinion.
Eric wrote:
I bought my fishcat panther for $300 its a 9fter fish finder for $100, trolling motor is $100, battery is $100, and rod holder PVC pipes few bucks on the bargain bin at orchard supply. I have owned two creek company pontoons before they are good for the price, but I wasn't digging the one bladder chamber plus the steel frame because it will rust and heavy. The fishcat one and the ODC 816 is aluminum frame much lighter and doesnt rust. I had a classic which is like yours and a ODC 816 both really great pontoons, but if you look on craigslist you can find them for really cheap. I bought ODC 816 for $180 and Classic was $200 brand new. You probably can get about half that price with your setup. If you're not in need of the cash I would just wait a little later when everyone is looking for one you might have a better chance of getting it closer to your asking price. Im sorry im not here to troll your post, but your asking price was a bit crazy imo. Good luck bro hope to see you on the water again!

Oh, you trolled the this thread dearly my friend. but its ok, you're clearly the smart one out of the bunch that is patient, willing to dig online for a used item and put in the work and time. thats kool an all.

However, you are not the type of person that i am looking for into purchasing this boat. If you dont feel like doing the research and just want something reliable serve to you in a plate? this boat is at a reseasonable price at this type of condition. Brand new... Can you agree? Maybe not...

Everthing that was spent on this thing, I am trying to get some back to pay off these student loans. I know for a fact, that I am not going to sell this thing at 1k bud......

$300 +tax and shipping for the boat
$110 +tax and recycle for the battery
$130 +tax and shipping for the motor
$60 +tax in stainless steel
$184 +tax and shipping for the creek company mount, ancor, etc.
$40 +tax for fins
$80 +tax for tap plastic

You need receipts? i got it.
Well he asked me what the price should be so I laid down a few pricing... If it was brand new sure it's worth that much I have to intention of bashing him and his sale... He asked he recieved! I mean at least I caught you twos attention right? Haha ill delete my posts don't worry I don't know why I didn't just PM instead of writing on your page.
You only got my attention because you're out of line in my opinion. I don't know striperbay at all so don't think we're just ganging up on you...you're just asking for it.

When he said, "What do you think the price should be?", I really don't think he was asking for your expert analysis and breakdown, but thanks for that. You should have seen that as a sign to back the eff off and let the man sell his item.

And thats it folks! Sorry for the hijacking Striperbay.
oh no! dont delete anything.

No worries, none of you guys are hijacking anything! this is just a healthy discussion.

This is actually great information, if someone decides to stumble upon this thread.

Sounds weird, but i thank all of you for your inputs.
Eric wrote:
Well he asked me what the price should be so I laid down a few pricing... If it was brand new sure it's worth that much I have to intention of bashing him and his sale... He asked he recieved! I mean at least I caught you twos attention right? Haha ill delete my posts don't worry I don't know why I didn't just PM instead of writing on your page.

understandable,

But let me refraise the question again...If you were the seller on this boat, how much would you sell it for? put yourself in my position.
striper ,
the main problem is your trying to sell to a very limited market . Bass fisherman are a little unique.
Your rig is awesome , I can say that because I own two of them . Sometimes , I totally prefer fishing out of my toon/s over fishing in my boat . If any of the bank walkers want to get to new spots , pontoons are a great way to get there and relatively cheap . In some cases , like fishing at Lexington , its the only way .
Despite what others have said , it's not a sellers market for a product like this , it's a buyers market and that alone will affect your price .
I hope you get as much as possible for it . I kinda doubt you'll get $1100 , but if everything on the boat (except your labor ) is worth about $800 , that's probably a better starting point .
Like I said , pontoons are really fun , way better than just plain old float tubes (yes , I had one of those also) .
Good luck on the selling of the toon and paying off those student loans .
Regards ,
Robb
Striperbay408 wrote:
But let me refraise the question again...If you were the seller on this boat, how much would you sell it for? put yourself in my position.

I think you are really asking this question (otherwise I agree with Won)...so here's my take.

Like Robb said, your market is very small especially you are limited to locals. And potential buyers only see pontoon + battery + motor when they see your ad, everything else is just bunch of small items in their eyes. So they see value of around $550ish new, therefore your price appears very high.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
price drop...
Hey striperbay sorry for bashing on you that wasn't my intention, but they have put it in better words than I did they definitely got what I wanted to say on point!