Lake Merced

I know lake merced isn't in San Jose but there a lot of people in SF that check this page out. Me being one of them. Now to the good stuff.
So today i decide to test out my new Sevylor RIO canoe and didn't have the time to travel too far. So I went to lake merced and to my surprise i caught 3 fish. 2 spotted bass and 1 LM. Hooked another one but he got off. caught them all on a daiwa lipless crank. Personally my first time getting any kind of bass action here. but they're there. i fished the south lake. tried by an abandoned dock with no luck moved out near the bridge and that's where i hooked up with all my fish. cant wait to take the new inflatable to calero I'm tired of bankin it... lol
nice! I heard that lake can be tough. They plant trout in there if I remember correctly. I'd throw a huddie from your canoe there. I used to fish out of a canoe, I still miss catching monster bass out of that thing.

welcome to SJB.
heck ya man, I used to fish from a colman inflatable kayak. Couldnt stand fishin from shore anymore either. I hooked up with my PB in that thing. Had a couple holes in it too.

Way to get off the shore!!!
Ya ever look into gettin a toon or float tube?
yeah its pretty tough there. you can go there everyday and get skunked. i think there going to stock some trout soon for trout day. but im not sure when that is.

i have thought about getting a pontoon or a tube but i wanted to stay more dry and plus i got the rio for 250 so all in all a good deal
Yep

For the Week of 4/5/2009

Alameda Don Castro Reservoir

Alameda Horseshoe Lake

Alameda Lake Chabot

Alameda Lake Del Valle

Alameda Lake Temescal

San Francisco northern Lake Merced

Santa Clara Cunningham Lake

Santa Clara Los Gatos Creek Park percolation ponds

Sonoma Ralphine Lake

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/F ... yDelta.asp

I need to give that lake a try!!!
Throw it before they plant....seriously. 8-)