LBC?

Does anyone know if the green scum is gone yet at Los Banos Creek? or if they've had a trout plant?

Tried to hit up justo Sunday 1/13 but they said that there were no boats allowed on the water due to some kind of pipeline work... Probably done by next weekend or the following. Kinda sucked, bought a new swimbait rod at the ISE, looking forward to the 23 lber. :o
Fresno Bee.com always has a fishing report the said that the trout fishing was great trolling. They have had trout plants for awhile.
Quote:
Does anyone know if the green scum is gone yet at Los Banos Creek? or if they've had a trout plant?

Tried to hit up justo Sunday 1/13 but they said that  there were no boats allowed on the water due to some kind of pipeline work... Probably done by next weekend or the following.  Kinda sucked, bought a new swimbait rod at the ISE, looking forward to the 23 lber. :o

LBC should be planting already if im not mistakin.....Plus that green sluggy algea that you talk about only stays around in the late summer....Most if not all of it should be gone right now.....

This lake is gunna be off the hook this yeah in the SPAWN cant wait to break my new PB there!!!!!!Love this place makes me all GIDDY in side just typing about it!!!!!!

And dont worry Nitro that 23lber is chuggn along somewhere in that lake or in LBC or YOTE!!!!!!!

I know one of there place's hold a record!!!! Has too!!!!
LBC???? Man, I heard there were no fish in that lake. I wouldnt recommend that place to anyone!...........ha ha ha.........seriously I hated that damm green algae last year, it was the worst I have seen in years. Hopefully its not a sign of the water turning for the worst there....

I here ya Jim, I cant wait for the spawn to hit up the tullies, dont worry I will stay out of your spot where you got your hog last year.

If anyone has visited the lake lately, let us know!.....
Quote:

I here ya Jim, I cant wait for the spawn to hit up the tullies, dont worry I will stay out of your spot where you got your hog last year.

When I last checked it was a public lake Sharkie.....My spot isnt that well hidden anyway....Hahahahah

I give you permission to fish my spot.....LOL...... ;) ;) 8-) :-X

I dont really care cause fish are pretty much on the move....My spot could be a dead one for all I know this year.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 8-) 8-) 8-) ::) ::)
LBC is still green and there is only carp in that lake.............Damn Jr. your given all our carp fishin spot away. ;) We only catch bass at clear lake ;) :-X
I hope on maybe going there this weekend. Its supost to warm up this week so hopefully they are up shallow not 20 or 30ft deep.
Actually the green sludge is still there but the wind blew in up in a few areas. Rest of the lake is good. Went the day after posting the message, threw the hudd for about five hours straight. First time with the monster bait. Fished it from 5 to 25 feet with only one bite. It was a pretty horrible day, fog was insane, probably 50 feet visibility for three hours of the day. Super cold and windy. The bite came out of about 7 feet. Hudd hit a log bouced off and boom! Set the hook and nothin'. I think once it hit the log it rolled on its side. When i got it to the boat the was a big ass scale stuck to the hook. Coulda woulda shoulda. Jim, i'm the dude who was bumbing a smoke from you at the Anderson raffle. But anyways put the swimbait down so I could get my hands on a fish. jerkbait produced three about 2 lbs. Fished the spoon horizontally for the fourth, same size. I think early next week if the weather stays like it is and the water warms up a few degrees the freaks will come up. :-X
Nice report Nitroboy, I fish LBC fairly often. I know it can kick your a@! somedays, but the solitude and no ski boats make it worth the drive from SJ for me. Hows the water level looking these days? What part of the lake did your Hudd get hit on...I fish from a Silver/Black Tracker, maybe I will see you out there one day..
did you get what the water temp was?
Are gas motors allowed on this lake? Does it get windy and scary like San Luis there? I want to go to a new place and have never been to LBC.
Gas motors are fine, the speed limit is 5MPH for the whole lake. The lake is pretty good size though. I'll be out there sunday and maybe Monday, trying to land that toad and going to see if I can find some Ducks to shot.
big fish...you're leakey bucket would be perfect out there....once you get that motor fixed.
Quote:
big fish...you're leakey bucket would be perfect out there....once you get that motor fixed.

I do have a 5hp that I can use for now. I might just make a trip down there on Sunday. Maybe I'll see some of you out there?

Jerbs, my bucket DOES NOT leak you canoe flipper! ;D
BigFish...the wind can be a bit up a problem on some days, I usually check the Los Banos wind report before heading out, anything above 15+ will make for a frustrating day out there, with lots of trolling motor use....You usually can go hide in the west end of the lake where they have the huge power poles are in the creek section.....
water temp was about 49.5 early and got to 52 by the afternoon. The water level is propbably a five feet from full. Tues 22nd i'll be out there if this little front coming in doesn't pack too much wind. Supposed to be a really cold storm. :(
Thanks nitro.

Bigfish... ;D ;D ;D
Took the boy out to LBC yesterday and got the big skunk :( We were bass fishing with artificails and minows. We did almost catch some seaguls. The were dive bombing the minows. One of them took the minow and flew off with it making my sons fishing pole almost fly out of the boat. He thought that was very cool. We still had a great day on the lake dispite no fish. It was way better than being locked up in the house. :)
Headed out to LBC on Sun. 2/17 for the first time this year. I got a big fat O for fish caught. I expected the lake to be a lot higher with all the rain we received. It looks like any extra water they may have gotten was let out. I know its used as San Luis run off.

Water temp ranged from 49F-53F from 630a-2pm.....I tried everything from dropshotten, plastics, basstrix, etc....No luck...All the tullies are dead around the lake for winter.. It was the first time I had seen the ranger there in years, he was giving tix. out to boaters who didnt have the 09 tags.....
I live in LB and the water surface  was still slimey green as of last week. I'll be there on Sat and will report on the bite and the water conditios.  it dosesn't get like San Luis there.  :-?

Mike S.
(Dont Ask)