Lets do a San Jose Bass Turkey Shoot!!!!

I was wondering why San Jose Bass has not done a turkey shoot yet? I was recently at Anderson Dam and there was a turkey shoot going on. So I was wondering why don't San Jose Bass members do one? Who would want to do one? We can do a $20 dollar entry and top 5 gets money back or winner take all! Of course a big fish option, if you want. I just thought I would put this out there and see if anyone else thinks that we should do a turkey shoot to represent San Jose Bass!!!
during spring some time sounds good!!
LBC....Spring Time......

50+ fish days!!!!...Bring BANDAIDS!!!!!....For ur THUMBS!!!!.... [8|] [8|] [8|] [green] [green]

Or Yote!!!!....Dont matter!!!!...

Jr
There is no fish there plus its way to far.
There is fish there, the water is just clear there and alot of pressure so it tests your skills lets do it lbc im down
I am not sure about LBC its sort of far and plus its not a county lake so we would need to get re inspected!!
San jose bass has had a few already. When was it? Last year Marce?

Good turn out too for being a newer site for us to come together.
I actually won the first SJB turkey shoot fishing from my red Colman inflatable kayak. What a blast it was. Check out the older pics. I think there are some of the weigh-in's

Definitly got to set a few up for this year. Just seems more people upgraded to boats while I upgraded to a pontoon. Oh well, Im not bankin it any more.... but its still about low budget bassin'

So Kenny, what kind of rig you got to fish from? Im down for a turkey shoot with boats and inflatables....
I have a 1996 17ft Starcraft bass boat with a 40hp mercury. Its nothing fancey but it works.
I'm down. Anderson or Calero. $15 entry $5 big fish per vessel. Can fish solo out of pontoon or doubles out of a boat, that way peeps with inflatables could get in on the action too.
Kenny, as long as it carries a live-well you're in business.

Depending on the day, I may be in for this one. I'd vote for Anderson over Calero, though mainly because if we end up with more than 5 or 6 boats we'd all be on top of each other in Calero.
Kenny wrote:
I have a 1996 17ft Starcraft bass boat with a 40hp mercury. Its nothing fancey but it works.

Whatever works, that's 40 more hp than I have. I would be interested if anybody has an open seat. The $15 and $5 sounds good too.
I like the sounds of this too... Sunday is my day of choice, gotta work on saturdays....

Open back seat as well, if, RagaMuffin doesnt want in.. and if the "shoot" is on a sunday....
I am totally in! Let's do one in Feb, to see how it goes, and then we can get a damn good one going in the spring.
Marce wrote:
I am totally in! Let's do one in Feb, to see how it goes, and then we can get a damn good one going in the spring.

Yeah what he said ......... Its time for some "Rippin Lips"!!! lol lol lol
Anderson sounds great to me too guys. Lets plan on doing one in February sometime on a Sunday. 15 dollars per boat and 5 dollar big fish sounds great!! Will we be doing winner take all?
Kenny wrote:
Anderson sounds great to me too guys. Lets plan on doing one in February sometime on a Sunday. 15 dollars per boat and 5 dollar big fish sounds great!! Will we be doing winner take all?

Less than 5 boats - winner take all. More than 5 boats, 1st and 2nd payout (80/20 Split).
Sounds good to me. Who is going to do the weigh in and hold the money?
maybe we can use this set up like another club does

Anderson Lake procedures for Feb sometime possible the 15th if that works for everyone!

Before 7:40 AM—line up at Live Oak Picnic Area which is
on the left hand side of the road just before you make a left hand
turn into the entrance station
 get weigh slip
 get live well inspected
At 8:00 AM –drive to Anderson entrance in order
—pay fees, stage in outer lane in upper lot in launch order
--when you clear the inspection station you are free to
launch and fish
At 4:00 PM or before –stop fishing
 be inside the 5 mph bouy near the dam
After 4:00 PM--- first get REBANDED, then go directly to weigh in,
Please clean boats, etc after you weigh in
--- weigh in procedure will be as follows
1.weighing will be at a boat which will be in the south part
of the parking lot
2. Keep the fish in your live well until it’s your time to weigh in
a. First come, first serve
3. Put fish in carry bag when you are next to the weigh in
station
4. Fish will be recorded
5. Place fish back in live well, then drive the fish back to the
launch ramp for release (your responsibility)
Sounds fine, I suppose you should collect and hold the cash Kenny...just like Dmun had too last time he planned the TS. What date can most of us agree on? I m on disability and not working, so lets have every one post possible availability dates and see which has the best availability for SJBassers. I would like to meet as many of you I can!
I'll start first...Whenever as long as I don't miss superbowl sunday. (8-|
Lets do feb 15 at anderson!