lex 11-4

headed out to lex for the first time ever this morning for a hour and got this nice one on a DT6. The water level is really low, i saw a ton of snagged lures and line , i picked up what i could. I didn't see anyone else get anything though, was kind of slow. anyone else been out to lex lately?
Good lookin fish! Did you get that badboy from the shore? Looks like a 3+lber
Nice fish!
I was out there today and managed two, though not nearly as nice as yours...
ImageImage
i got it from shore yeah just tossing my crank along the points. i hope to get some topwater action next time i go there, what are you guys using?
I have been skunked the last 4 times I went to lex. I have had good luck with ratLtraps but also bad luck with snagging them. Havent caught any on anything else.
Hey Houla, noticed your T shirt and then your dog in the second pic. My sister has one from a rescue. Nemo is the coolest dog around.
cranky old man wrote:
Hey Houla, noticed your T shirt and then your dog in the second pic. My sister has one from a rescue. Nemo is the coolest dog around.

Yeah, they're pretty amazing dogs. This little girl is my second. Had my first girl for 15yrs. She's a little over a year old now and she's the Catahoula that all the breed descriptions warn you about. Every move she makes is at 100mph and has never ending energy. Note the cable I have her on when fishing. If I didn't keep her close, there is a 98% chance she would come back with some kind of critter. The hunting instinct is STRONG in this girl. She's already caught 3 squirrels(two tree and one ground). On my Shasta houseboating trip, she damn near caught a deer by surprise and she got into it with a skunk on the first night. Luckily it didn't turn out to be a bad omen for the rest of the fishing trip. lol
As big of a pain in the ass as she is, she is a very loving little psycho. Hopefully she'll mellow out a bit at around 4yrs. old like most Houlas do.
And as I've said before, I apologize if you're bank fishing near me. She tends to whine annoyingly when she doesn't have free run. Oddly enough, she does pretty well on boats.