Manresa State Beach

Hey all,
I'll be camping near Manresa State Beach this weekend and I was wondering if there was anything happening off of the beach? Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks all!
Fishon09 wrote:
Hey all,
I'll be camping near Manresa State Beach this weekend and I was wondering if there was anything happening off of the beach? Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks all!

Perch in the surf. Here's what I fish. Egg weight, swivel, 24" leader & a motor oil curly tail grub on a small bait holder hook. Try to cast to the back side of the breaking waves. Good luck.
Like Winddog said. Perch!
I basically use the same set up. I use about a 1 oz. egg sinker. My leader size varies depending on the current. If your leader keeps wrapping around your main line you most likely need a shorter leader. From my experiance, perch aren't line shy. I use a 20 lb. test line for my leader. I know it seems like overkill but it keeps the leader from tangling with the main line.
Hope this helps.

GS
GhostSalyer wrote:
Like Winddog said. Perch!
I basically use the same set up. I use about a 1 oz. egg sinker. My leader size varies depending on the current. If your leader keeps wrapping around your main line you most likely need a shorter leader. From my experiance, perch aren't line shy. I use a 20 lb. test line for my leader. I know it seems like overkill but it keeps the leader from tangling with the main line.
Hope this helps.

GS

There is allways the chance of a striper so the 20lb leader is a good thing!
For surf I'll usually use a C-rig with 8 lb test. 2" Gulp camo sandworms work well if you can find them. Or, if they're still around, soft shell sandcrabs are the best free bait you can find.
blckshirt98 wrote:
For surf I'll usually use a C-rig with 8 lb test. 2" Gulp camo sandworms work well if you can find them. Or, if they're still around, soft shell sandcrabs are the best free bait you can find.

This

But if you want guaranteed action, get some bloodworms or pileworms and fish them on the same type of carolina rig. The closest place to buy them is the liquor store at the south end of Moss landing.
Still a good chance for stripers in the surf right now too.
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I tried the beach out and had quite a bit of bites, but no hook ups. Probably a lot of smaller fish out in the surf. I got a visit from F&G as well...He was really easy going, and told me he hadn't seen much going on...Can't wait until next time!
almost a couple years ago on my first surf stripe using eurojett plugs (thx louis! - my avatar pic!) the fuzz was trolling the beach and came by to talk to me.

i was so freakn excited! he saw i was legit and was actually even happy for me! even HE got excited and left with a smile on his face. as if HE had caught the fish haha.

man!

this board, and specifically glenn's thread, has helped me tons! capt steve...very generous!

many thx to all and keep them lines tight!

fnf