Most def. lost my new PB.

*sigh*

She was a biggy.

What are the chances I can return and pick her up again off her bed after a few days?? Maybe even tomorrow? Any ideas?
lol that sucks. But there is good news if you really want to catch the fish off their beds. Last year a co-worker caught a 4lber off the bed by a down tree, then the next day another coworker caught the exact same fish off the same bed, I was there both times. Also, I just caught the same male twice, not realising that it was the same fish (kindof stupid) because it was just circling the bed from a distance, only 30 minutes apart (kindof stupid on the fishes part too) lol
I've caught the same fish twice off a bed hours apart. If it's locked on, she's not going anywhere. It's probably sitting on the bed again right now.
Oh no, shes locked on. Big ol' B*&ch has been there for 3 days now, with a little male. I drug through once and got SOME tiny little clear eggs, and there is fry everywhere.

Dunno if they are bass of not. Kinda want to net a few, and tank raise them... >_> for release.

I WILL try again tomorrow. Do you guys think I should stick to the bait I used? Because I've literally been throwing crap at her for 3 days, and today this FINALLY worked on the 2nd toss. Nothing like a brown and black football jog, with a crawdad trailer.
Yea try to stick with whatever worked. Maybe try getting the hook as close to end of the trailer as possible, sometimes trimming the trailer down to the perfect length so that it's pretty much just flapping trailer legs, and then hook.
Try just letting it sit in the center of the bed for a few minutes, sometimes that's all it takes. You can tell if you can get them to go by how they act, if she doesn't leave the bed chances are you can get her. If they flare their gills at it, even better. Anything that looks like a bluegill should piss her off enough to bite. I like Jigs too for bed fishing, bright colrs are good because it's easy to see where your bait is.
Yea she flashed like 3 times this morning and I was like "Damn, I bet shes going to go for it..." and like 15 seconds later I felt a THUD THUD THUD. I set the hook, but I may need to trim down the trailer. I literally was at the point of frustration with trying to find out WHAT she would hit, so out of anger I made a Frankenstein Jig, I used a full sized YUM Mighty Bug that I shoved onto the hook of a Strike King Bitsy Flip Jig. And Bam, success.

I also have now removed 3 bristles from the weedless hook guard, I read that sometimes factory standard is a little excessive in how many are there, and trimming a few helps with hook set. I also cut the Mighty Bug by 1/3 length to make it a bit shorter.

Wish me luck.
I wouldn't even bother with a trailer at all, try it without one! That way if she grabs it it's most likely going to get some hook. Good luck. I'll be out tomorrow looking around so good luck to me too! haha
You don't need to use the same bait. If she's pissed enough she'll hit anything you throw. A buddy of mine caught bed fish with a tiny crappy jig once she was ticked off enough.

Best advice I can give is to use an exposed hook. If you're using a jig, cut off the weedguard altogether. If going texas rigged, leave the point exposed. You'll up your hookup ratio guaranteed. I like using a white craw on a jighead - no skirt.

BTW, females stay on the bed for little more than a few days, so hopefully she's still in that window.
I will be sure to let you guys know. And Tin, look for the bearded man, if your hear an awful lot of loud cursing, I lost her again.
If you see a dude wearing a grey beanie with a giant bend in his rod, I caught it for you. haha

Good luck man.
Tin Can wrote:
If you see a dude wearing a grey beanie with a giant bend in his rod, I caught it for you. haha

Good luck man.

I would go home, and get my gun.... lol
Are you talking about that big bass that was just sitting there a few feet offshore? I caught it. Nightcrawler n' bobber. It was delicious.
houla wrote:
Are you talking about that big bass that was just sitting there a few feet offshore? I caught it. Nightcrawler n' bobber. It was delicious.

Ha ha. Which one of the big ass bass I have recently been stalking?! The world may never know...
FishStalkerDave wrote:
houla wrote:

Ha ha. Which one of the big ass bass I have recently been stalking?! The world may never know...

I was wondering why you haven't posted in a few days. I made sure to leave my empty bait tub and random exotic snack food wrappers there so you should be able to figure it out.
lol Go get em' Dave.
houla wrote:
FishStalkerDave wrote:
houla wrote:

I was wondering why you haven't posted in a few days. I made sure to leave my empty bait tub and random exotic snack food wrappers there so you should be able to figure it out.
lol Go get em' Dave.

I prefer to litter the ground with different balls from every sport imaginable, dead bird parts (especially wings), fecal matter, and giant balls of old fishing line with hooks tied to them. Every now and then I leave a special present of a starving raccoon with a bad case conjunctivitis.

Seriously on a side note: Today without thinking, I attached a Berkley Crawdad trailer to my jig, and looked at it measured the length I needed to take off, and CHOMP, took a bite off the ass of the bait. That was the first, AND LAST time I will ever use my mouth... It was a infused soft plastic, and I gagged and almost vomited for 2 hours. Every now and then a piece of the bait would float around my mouth. Horrible.
lol Dave :D Sounds delicious. (Note to myself: Never use mouth on infused soft plastics, hope I remember :P)
Hahahahaha!!!!!! Damn Dave I've never done that but I have covered my entire sandwich with megastrike residue that was left over on my hands ( thinking I washed it off in the water) and scarfed that sandwich. Was naucious till the next day!!!! ;(
Did you ever get that fish to bite? I have an awesome fish I found on a bed, at least 8lbs could be more in deep water so everyone completely overlooked her. Worked on her for an hour and finally got her to bite, but just skin hooked her and she went right back to her bed. She so deep it's hard to see what's going on, and without polarized glasses there's no way to see her. I'm gonna try again tomorrow but I'm worried the cold front will move her off. This fish is torturing me. Couldn't sleep last night lol
What lake?