my 12 ft aluminum bass boat.

Well guys i found a trailer and for 100bucks hell yeah and all it needs are lights. So with 1000 dollars from my vaca check I get in February im ordering the trialer lights a lowrance x4 fish finder 2 transducer mounts for trolling motors, and a 44lb thrust watersnake bow mount. And the trailer hitch for my wifes suv lol. So ill be on the water right in time for the spawn.
southbayareabassman wrote:
Well guys i found a trailer and for 100bucks hell yeah and all it needs are lights. So with 1000 dollars from my vaca check I get in February im ordering the trialer lights a lowrance x4 fish finder 2 transducer mounts for trolling motors, and a 44lb thrust watersnake bow mount. And the trailer hitch for my wifes suv lol. So ill be on the water right in time for the spawn.

$100.00 trailer? I'd check the wheel bearings before I hauled your boat if I were you. Get LED's for your lights, last much longer & not that much more $.

Enjoy your new toy! :)
Gettin leds for sure and ill be checking the bearings for sure
Lets do this!!! [green]
Cap, this dude may have his boat in the drink before me!!! Haha

I kid. I HAVE to get my 12er on the water this year!

Wish you luck with your boat man! They're money pits for sure but they're the shiz!

fnf
Im gonna pick up some truck bed liner and do the whole outside of the boat. Im gonna mask off where the hull numbers and reg and mussel stickers go. That way I still have my contrast lol. I may even spray clear flex seal over the truck bed liner, as a matter of fact I will so it is super sealed to make sure no rivets leak lol.
And hey fnf I probably wont have mine in water before u lol. I wont be getting my trailer till like mid February and I wanna do the truck bed liner then do clear flex seal over that so itll probably be on water I say by mid march. Just in time for the bass spawn unless they spawn early
I heard ppl do the liner on the inside of their boat and have regret about it. Well maybe you won't because you're getting a trailer (I added wheels to my transom and roll it in) but it gets heavier when you add the liner and then since it's black it attracts the sun rays. No bueno in summer!

If I can, I'm gonna try to put my boat in the Bay water from Alviso for the first time. Not really to fish but more to try out the motor and get a feel for its behavior.

We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
Right on and yeah I did the inside the the flex seal in black color. Ima try to do a roll on truck bed liner on outside and hopefully get it smooth. Then after its dried for a few days im gonna spray the clear flex seal over it just to make sure my rivets dont leak and itll be extra water proof. And hey if I bump a few rocks itll be ok cause of the truck bed liner hopefully.
I would not use bed liner spray on the outside.
Its gonna cause drag on the boat and gonna be a pain
in the ass to scrape off when it starts peeling
I hear ya but im gonna do roll on and do a 2 coats and then the clear flex seal. Itll be good for a few years till I get a bigger boat and do it right lol
they sell sealer for rivets. i think the previous owner of my boat basically drenched it with the stuff all over, let it dry and then just painted right over.

no sanding or anything cuz there are areas that look gobbed up and some runs.

again, looks good from far, but it's far from good. haha it caught my attention when looking through CL!

oh well.

my next boat will be legit...hopefully.
southbayareabassman wrote:
Im gonna pick up some truck bed liner and do the whole outside of the boat. Im gonna mask off where the hull numbers and reg and mussel stickers go. That way I still have my contrast lol. I may even spray clear flex seal over the truck bed liner, as a matter of fact I will so it is super sealed to make sure no rivets leak lol.

A guy I know had some leaking rivets, he put 4 coats of that flex seal on the inside of the boat, it still leaked, he ended up using duct tape on the outside that seemed to dry up the leak.
Now I'm not sayn' use duct tape, I'm saying that flex seal might not work like you think. I hope it does though.
I don't own a boat so I'm not sure if this will work, but have you guys tried using Marine goop? I use this anytime I drill holes on my kayak. I put a dab around the holes and anywhere I will be using rivets/screws and it works great.
when i added my wheels to the transom i used some stuff from west marine that's really good. very flexible and uv rated. no leaks whatsoever.

i also screwed up once getting into my boat and the valance lip on the side of the boat hit the edge of the dock and popped off a couple rivets (yes, i'm not all that thin...). i was taking in water while i was in the boat or if i rocked it a bit too much, so i got out quickly, told the ranger to pls watch my boat/gear while i ran out to a local hardware store. picked up some marine jb weld and a rough steel wool pad. did the repair on the water and has never leaked on me! very strong stuff! pretty expensive to coat with all over, but if you youtube aluminum boat repair, there're quite a few options to fully seal the rivets and then paint over it.