My New Personal Best @ Calero

Got off work nice and early with hoped of a windless day... Not!
Off work early yes.. windless day no..

Fished the egdes near the entrance of the 2nd dam with no luck and the cove beyhond that.. lots of fish hold 5 to 10 ft of water.
Water temps were 61 to 63 all day.

Got my first one around 3ish
[highlight]3#12 ounces..[/highlight]
Got it on a green with gold flake 6 inch Bass pro "sticko" like a senkos but bass pro's version/

Then I switched to pumpkin with black flake and caught about 5 more all between 1.5 to 2 pounds or so...

Then my new personal best... [highlight]6 pounds 8 ounces[/highlight] on of all things a green top water frog in the weeds....
IT gobbled it too!!!

Then a packed it in cause it was almost 7 and time to get off the water ...
Great Day after all........ ;D
great fish 8-) i caught my personal best at calero too i think i need to get out there :) len
what to go man, nice fish!!!
Nice fish Rippin Lips. ;) There biting a frog?
Can't say they are biting the frogs as of yet.. I just took a chance and saw some weeds and said what the hell.... I was only maybe 10 to 15 casts into it when this big baby bit.

Man what a rush it was too. It killed my frog... all 3 hooks buried!! I had to break off the hooks just to get the hooks out of it mouth.

Time for a new frog... lol
Nice pics! I met you in the parking lot afterwards. I took the kids out
for some tubing (keeping as far away from the fishermen as possible)
and to scout out the lake for some fishing next week. Congrats on
the personal best.

-Chris
wow on a frog, man what fun! I need to get over there, spending too much time at yote, gotta spread it out a little. But out of the last four fish I've hooked none have been under 6 pounds. Tuff to leave that bite. Nice job though on the new PB! :)
Quote:
Nice pics! Â I met you in the parking lot afterwards. Â I took the kids out
for some tubing (keeping as far away from the fishermen as possible)
and to scout out the lake for some fishing next week. Â Congrats on
the personal best.

-Chris

Hey Chris it was great to meet ya on thursday...
Hopefully you were able to find a spot out there the next time you go out. Hope the kids had fine as it did sound that they were enjoying themselves.
Hope you can get out there and get fun fishing time in soon... And hopefully the winds will stay away too.

Good luck to you ...

Mike

And Nitro,
I feel ya on not wanting to leave "Yote" cause when your in the zone its hard to leave whats working for you.
I just wanna experience the bite all over the area lakes...
As much as I wanna catch bigger and better. I enjoying catch quanity on other lakes as well.
Just wanna enjoy all the lakes while its nice out there..
Hopefully I will see ya out there some time..I do I do I will make sure to say "Hi".
See ya on the lake...