My new ride!

Hi all.
Meet my new ride, a 15.5' 1997 Valco Westcoaster with a 97 (I think) Honda 25hp 4 stroke and a EZ Loader galvanized trailer!
Amazingly enough I heard of this deal from my wife! She works with "my" bass player; the boat belonged to an old friend of "my" bass player. LOL I had to kid him about him asking her before me.
The boat was used for about five years & then sat for 6-7 years; I had to put in a impeller ($26.00 and 30min. of my time) because the original was toast from sitting so long. Also the 3 batteries that came with it are long dead. Besides that everything is immaculate!

I paid $1500.00.
Nice! That sounds like a great deal. Good thing your wife told you about it! lol

Congrats on your new boat Steve. I'll miss Warp None.
IBangBangU wrote:
Nice! That sounds like a great deal. Good thing your wife told you about it! lol

Congrats on your new boat Steve. I'll miss Warp None.

LOL me too! Buttt, I can fit 3 of you guys now! Need to do a cod trip before the seasons over!
Congratulations! Does this mean you can tow me around on my yak? Hehe ;)
clutch3184 wrote:
Congratulations! Does this mean you can tow me around on my yak? Hehe ;)

You bet, Can I hang a couple huge treble hooks off your keel? [green]
Oooo! I'll bring the camera! (Can you imagine?...) [8|]
Nice find! Make sure to inspect and grease those wheel bearings on trailer to be safe.
Hey congrats on the new ride ,
It seems like a real good deal and I am sure it will help in your fishing pursuits.
Couple additional things I would check . Trailers always seem to be the last item people check . Lately, I had some stuff come up unexpected for mine.
Tires , if they are older than 5 or 6 years , replace them . Mine had less then 2000 miles on them and one was (looked ok ,good tread ) and the other was totally trashed .Apparently, something on the side walls are the main cuplrit for trailer tires. Don't go by what the tread looks like.
Bottom bunks and sideboards , carefully see if a screwdriver can push into the wood . Recently I had one of each the sideboards and bottom boards that were totally rotted out while the other side was totally fine . The only thing holding one of my bottom bunks together was the carpet.
Good luck , boats are great but they take some extra attention if you want them to be safe on the water and the road.
Tight lines ,
Robb
lol you guy's are preachn' to the choir! [green]

Good points, I will (or already have) check them all. Also got to change oil & filter, & lower end oil on the OB.
Wow!!! An awesome deal for sure. Also, make sure you have a Transom saver for your rig and check all nuts and bolts frequently. Have safe fun and enjoy!!! :)
Motor alone was worth that price, if not more... sweet deal!! Congrats
Rippin_Lips wrote:
Motor alone was worth that price, if not more... sweet deal!! Congrats

8-) Took the words from my brain...
think I saw you on sunday winddog...
I think you had your boat on the back of a red chevy truck on sunday.
You were across from my mother in laws house on acacia st in salinas... again I think it was you. looked as if you went ocean fishing cause I saw a line of fly jigs on a rod.
how did ya do
That was me! Next time say what's up!
Holua my buddy Mike & myself hit up Ling Alley on Sunday, Houla was the squid / ling master, got a couple big vermillians too! Mike & I caught a few too!
Nice! Ya my mother in law lives right across from where I saw you parked on the lawn.
Nice fish!
Here's some pictures of my on going project.
Lookin' good Steve! Are those storage compartments you're building in the back or just more seating area?
IBangBangU wrote:
Lookin' good Steve! Are those storage compartments you're building in the back or just more seating area?

Thanks Won!
The one on the starboard side will be for storage / electrical componants, the one on the port side I hope to make into a live well, not sure how that's going to work out yet. It might end up just a fish box.
Anybody know a good fiberglass guy I could talk to about making a linner for the live well?
Chop up a cheap cooler? The livewell is pretty much for live bait for saltwater fishing, not tournament bass fishing right?
I must say that if the rest of this turns out half as well as your bow storage compartment, she will be sweet! Your craftsmanship is quite impressive having seen it myself.
houla wrote:
Chop up a cheap cooler? The livewell is pretty much for live bait for saltwater fishing, not tournament bass fishing right?
I must say that if the rest of this turns out half as well as your bow storage compartment, she will be sweet! Your craftsmanship is quite impressive having seen it myself.

Thanks Houla :) You're not just sayn' that because you’re a crew member are you, didn't you see the clause in the contract about gratuitous ass kissing? [8|] ;)
It's always a tradeoff between quality & speed. I have to concentrate on taking the time to do it right. It's hard because I’m always on a self-imposed deadline.

As far as the LW, I’d like it to be all things! [green]

I see it used for live bait in saltwater or a "ice" box for Salmon, WSB etc.
I would also like to use it for Bass in fresh though not for tournament fishing. Tournament's aint what fishn' about IMHO.