Near Future

Well i went out and got myself a truck (silverado), tired of beating the banks and getting skunked, so a boat is in my near future!!

I'll see some of you on the water!!
speters ,
congrats on the Silverado , what year and motor ?
regards to walking the bank and getting on the water . After walking the bank for 15 years I started out with a float tube then move on to a pontoon boat(with oars) before I bought a 18' bass boat . I still enjoy my pontoon almost as much as my boat . You can get in and out of the water easily , store them easily and at times I think when bass are finicky , I have more success with finesse plastics versus the same technique in my boat . On really windy days when it becomes hard to keep my boat still enough to fish plastics really slow , I can do that technique easier with my fins on the pontoon .
For $500 you can get some really nice pontoons , customize them a little (rod storage , tackle storage etc....) add your hip boot waders and fins and your on the water .
In some lakes , like Lexington , they only let pontoons launch, I won't say anything about the specifics of Lexington , but I am looking forward to when it opens up .
Just a thought,
Robb
Congrats on the new truck speters!
WooHoo! Hand launch at Lex!

Any clue as to when that may happen Robb?
Houla man---
I tried researching the SCVWD website but couldn't find anything . I was kinda hoping they would open early , like Coyote . Otherwise it might be mid April . Anderson same thing , the level is now up high enough to launch boats , just need it to open up .
Lexington can be tough , but if you find a group of them , they seem to be healthier than other lakes . I think they have good food sources .
tight lines ,
Robb
Right on man, congrats on the new truck! What kind of boat you looking for? I'm always browsing CL and other resources. One day, hopefully I'll own a boat too.
Im just looking for something I can fit in the back of my truck, I fish pinto more than anywhere else so i don't think i need that much of a boat yet. Trolling motor and 2 batteries cause i never want to leave the water and I may get fancy and try to add a depth finder but that's all i need for now.

Thanks every one for the congratulations
speters47 wrote:
Im just looking for something I can fit in the back of my truck, I fish pinto more than anywhere else so i don't think i need that much of a boat yet. Trolling motor and 2 batteries cause i never want to leave the water and I may get fancy and try to add a depth finder but that's all i need for now.

Thanks every one for the congratulations

In that case you'll be good for "hand launch" too!
I have to admit it's cool to be able to do, but it's so much easier to have all your crap on the boat, on the trailer, and just splash it in. There's a trade off....
there are so many advantages of owning a truck.
I can't imagine not having one.
well that's great congratulations on not buying a ford !
gratz on the new truck! I have a lifted 4Runner myself with my snowboard racks always on (my personal rod holders ;) ) I also would luv to trail a bass boat behind it but can't afford it right now. I started with numerous float tubes and ended with a Classic Accessories pontoon boat which I just recently sold. Im very interested in a kayak for bass fishing so if anyone has information please shoot me a message. Post a pic of your truck!