new places for late fall/winter

anybody got any new places I could try...I usually fish Anderson, Calero, Uvas alot, and local SJ ponds including the ones by dennys and Almaden Lake, I was fishing the creeks but cant now. Any tips would be nice
I had luck at lexington just last week, might be a good place to fish even as it gets colder. Also the delta's striper bite is pretty hot right now even though it's a long drive.
Reilsgood wrote:
anybody got any new places I could try...I usually fish Anderson, Calero, Uvas alot, and local SJ ponds including the ones by dennys and Almaden Lake, I was fishing the creeks but cant now. Any tips would be nice

Chesboro is about the only local place you didn't mention fishing so you can try that. If you want to drive a little further, but not quite as far as the delta, there is San Luis Reservoir and the O'Neill Forebay.
hit up lexington yesterday for about an hour did get one throwing the kreature over by the rowing club off the point, first fish have caught there in quite a while for me lol
ya, my dad hits up lexington in his float tube and does well but i find it tough to fish from shore, went to alot of places today to explore including almaden reservoir way back in the hills, got skunked there but me and my buddy fished a golf course pond and got 1 each going 2 pounds.
I would say Almaden Reservoir or Guadalupe as far as OTHER places to try. I myself have not done either in the Fall/Winter months but just sayin'.
Oh! I gather that since you're fishing late Fall/Winter fish that you're one of the few, the proud, the Basser!!! [8:)
jcab wrote:
Oh! I gather that since you're fishing late Fall/Winter fish that you're one of the few, the proud, the Basser!!! [8:)

LOL! I must be one of them as well cuz I fished Almaden Lake the other day hiding under a little tiny ass tree while it was pouring rain. Couldn't get back to my car cuz I walked to the other side of the lake so waited it out. [green] Boy, that was sure fun.
jcab wrote:
I would say Almaden Reservoir or Guadalupe as far as OTHER places to try. I myself have not done either in the Fall/Winter months but just sayin'.

I would wait until winter for guadalupe, it is always pretty hard to fish with all the snags and would only be worse in the fall if it is all mossed up too.
During the dead of winter (Dec/Jan) the hottest bite within a 45 minute drive seems to the striped bass at San Luis. Boaters last year in December were pulling up keeper sized fish with every live minnow they dropped. Shore fishing is tougher but maybe a better bet than winter largemouth.