New to town

Hi everybody, I just moved to Sunnyvale from Calaveras County and I am looking for tips on fishing the local lakes down here. I fished Calero from the shore last weekend and had no luck. I mainly used spinnerbaits and a carolina rig. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
Shane, welcome aboard. Browse through the threads that already exist on all of the water bodies on this site, and I'm sure you'll pick up a bunch of information from a great group of members with extensive knowledge of the local fishing holes.

As for Calero, you can usually rely on spider grubs in the motor-oil to pumpkin seed color scheme, fished on a darter head in rocky areas or texas rigged in the grass at the southern end of the lake. Very basic lure, but pretty effective in most conditions.
Thank you. I am probably going back out there this weekend, I will give that a shot.
Welcome Shane! What town you from? I graduated from Sonora High way back when. I also lived in Copperopolis for a bit after I got out of the Navy. I worked at Poker Flat Resort and the gold mine that is now closed.
Hi Vince, I am from San Andreas. My dad lives in Copper and I used to work down in Poker Flat when I was reading meters for the water district. My dad worked at the gold mine for a long time until they closed, you might know him, John Dougherty.
Name sounds a bit familiar, but its too far back for me to remember. I was asst blaster, working with the explosives and drill guys, drilling holes, dropping dynamite and blowing stuff up! ;D :o

Was good times until that place closed. I remember that most of the guys moved up to Nevada, I think it was called Winnemuka (sp?).

Hope to see you out there sometime.
That was a long time ago, he was an equipment operator. He went and worked at a mine in Idaho somewhere for a while but works for Calaveras telephone now.

Good luck on the water, and hopefully I'll see you out there.
Quote:
Hi everybody, I just moved to Sunnyvale from Calaveras County and I am looking for tips on fishing the local lakes down here. I fished Calero from the shore last weekend and had no luck. I mainly used spinnerbaits and a carolina rig. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
You can't go wrong with a Green Pumpkin Senko.

Works anytime!
Thanks, I am going to give it a shot this weekend, I appreciate the advice