nibble swimbaits

i was fishing yote on the dam today and got 2 bites on the swimbait . When they bit they nibbled i felt a light tap tap. what do you do when this hapens?
At the ISE show in San Mateo Bub Tosh said that if a bass hits and you feel that tap, tap, tap, to keep reeling slowly until the rod loads up and then reel as fast as you can to hook the fish and get her in. Others will set the hook using the rod once the rod loads up.
You can also try adding a trap hook to the bait, What swimbait were you throwing?
Will D wrote:
You can also try adding a trap hook to the bait, What swimbait were you throwing?

a slow sinking 8 inch hudd
Swing as hard as you can. [green] Seriously.
jerbs wrote:
Swing as hard as you can. [green] Seriously.

He would know, probably the best swimbait fisherman on this site.
Yah definatley add a trap hook, usually I catch most of my Hudd fish on the main hook but when fish are just nipping at the bait another hook could only help. There are plenty of sites with info and pics on how to rig a hudd try swimbaitnation.com. You could also add some procure gel to your bait it will smell more like a trout and possibly help make the bass committ to the bait, and the gel also makes the bait slide down into the fishes throat better.
Why not swing, what do you got to lose? Ruin her day! lol
The biggest of fish you sometimes don't even feel a bite, you just know.
I've never used a trap hook...too lazy to make one. [green]

Thanks cabass [red] I haven't been fishing swimmies lately though.

+1 on the sauce will. 8-)

Watching any butch brown video also helps.