Oops.

Look what I accidentally caught in the Hook tourney yesterday. First salmon ever and I have been salmon fishing maybe 10 times in my life, hell, maybe more than that.
Attachment:
P1010942.JPG
P1010942.JPG [ 286 KiB | Viewed 363 times ]
Thats sick... how did you guys do? I had a few buddies fishing that tourney. Was that north or stockton?
Wow nice one...yeah how did you do?
Nice bonus fish!! Now that you've caught one how would you compare the fight to those giant linesiders you've caught? Must have been a blast considering you were using bass gear. lol
We did okay. Got 7th out of 63 . Got our money back. This was in east delta.

The fight was boring until the the fish saw the net, then it was on. He pulled real good. I can' t wait to hook one that's fresh from the ocean. This guy was getting towards the end of his days so I am sure he was not at full strength.

Tournament details are here. http://www.hookproshop.com/cgi-bin/comm ... play=User1

Any Triton owners? If you get first in one, you get 3,000 bucks!! I think Merc owners have percs too. Call them if you want more details about that. I wish more SJBr's would get out there for these. Really fun! Get one of these guys who on here who has a boat to get out there!
Tim has a Triton, we talked about it. My buddy Dan fishes the hook tournies. He has a Yellow Basscat Pantera with two powerpoles. Either way eventually we will do them. I'm hoping he wants to do the next one.

I figured it was east/stockton area. Is it near brookside country club near Ladds? I love that spot.
I think that would be fun...
Is that a king salmon?

Weight?

Spots on bottom of tail fin.
TheGrayElephant wrote:
I figured it was east/stockton area. Is it near brookside country club near Ladds? I love that spot.

I don't think it's near Ladd's but more east. Like past fourteen mile and way out there some where.

I don't think it was a king, no black in it's gums. I guess it may have weighed 8-10 lbs. Pretty cool man. Heard about it for years, getting Salmon on reaction lures.
wow.....nice catch Marone.
Dude, that's sick! What did you catch it on?

I think I'm in for the next tourney!

Will be my first one.

-M
I caught it on a Rat'l'Trap. Stoked you will be doing a tourney. The December one will have some light bags. If you can get a limit, you are definitely going to be in the top 10. Get some pre-fishing in and find those keepers son!
Wow! That is cool. I would be a little bummed when I saw that it wasn't a bass. I would love to fish these tournaments now that I just got a boat, but it doesn't have a steering column. I will be storing it at Loch Lomond from March-Oct. and I would be happy to take fellow SJBers out
Peacheater81 wrote:
Wow! That is cool. I would be a little bummed when I saw that it wasn't a bass. I would love to fish these tournaments now that I just got a boat, but it doesn't have a steering column. I will be storing it at Loch Lomond from March-Oct. and I would be happy to take fellow SJBers out

I'd be glad to join you at Loch Lomond next season! Never fished that lake. Give me a heads up when you plan on going out next year.
lol
I should be in tourney with Elephant as well. I have no idea how to fish Delta in Winter!
good job tim....sand baggin.... I like it.

I have no idea how to fish Delta in the Winter also. ;)
I was wondering about the bass fishing in Dec, Jan, Feb. Is it possible to get good black bass fishing during that time? Or, is the tournament for striped bass? Aren't the black bass pretty lethargic during the middle of winter?