Penitencia Perc Ponds / Noble Park / Penitencia Creek Park -

Just wondering if anyone has fished these waters lately and if so what kind of fish are they producing. 1lbs, 2lbs, 3lbs etc???

Also for the perc ponds, how do you access them? Is there a specific street i should park on to get in?

Noble park, can you even fish here?

Penitencia Creek Park, can you fish there?

These palces are new to me as I just noticed them cruising google maps. Anyway, any fee back would be appreciated.

I usually fish the almaden perc ponds but i'm trying to find a spot to fish at if I ever get the urge to go out during lunch.
Your in luck buddy, I just started fishing those Perc ponds a couple of weeks ago, since I work in the area also. Been there only about 3 times and sorry to say I haven't even gotten a bite. I've tried senkos, grubs, crank baits, buzz baits, and frogs and still nothing. Best place to park is on Noble then you've got 3 big ponds to choose from. I'll be out at Almaden ponds Weds. morning, I have better luck there. If you see a big Frito Lay truck at Penitencia ponds come say hi.
greg12 wrote:
If you see a big Frito Lay truck at Penitencia ponds come say hi.

Hahahahahahahahah.....Free CHIPS????!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol

I think I have seen u there a couple.....Next time I will say hi....And get some chips while im at it!!!!.....LOL...

JR
Hahaha absolutly!

Hey do they have catfish/carp in those ponds?
All them Perc. Ponds have HUGE carp in them...Now that is a fun azz fish to catch on light tackle.... And they are plentiful too
Do you use catfish bait for the carp? cheese baits, raw meat? nightcrawlers?

Also went to Almaden Perc this morning. caught 1 but not even worth a picture. about a pound. maybe.
doughballs. I think you have to make them.
You can make dough balls like Jerbs said, or you can use sweet corn, which you can buy at any grocery store..
Or you can use white bread buy compacting it onto your hook... use a small hook too.
Maybe a size 8 bait holder or octopus (sp?) hook... that way you can cover the whole hook..
Carp like "sweet" tasting doughs... That why people who their baits for carp fishing add strawberry, or pineapple, and other extracts to their home made dough baits.. also called "Boilies".
Here are some "Boilie" recipes I have complied from online posts..
Good Luck and tell us how you do..

Cornmeal Carp Bait

Boil 1 pint of water in saucepan
Mix 2 cups of cornmeal and 1 cup of flour together in a bowl
Add 1/2 package of gelatin to boiling water (any flavor)

Put burner on low and add 2 tablespoons (tbsp.) sugar and I tbsp. of vanilla flavor.

With a large spoon cover the surface of the water with the cornmeal and flour mixture. A bubble of water will come through. Cover the bubble with cornmeal. Another bubble will come through (cover again) over the bubbles until the cornmeal/flour mix is gone. Stir dough mixture for about 30 seconds. Remove pan from the stove and dump dough onto foil. Knead the dough as soon as it is cool enough, then roll into a ball. Wrap dough in foil, and refrigerate. (Keeps about a week).

Doughball Delight

Blend together 1 cup of water, 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla, 1 tbsp. honey, and 4 tbsp. sugar in a medium-sized pot, over medium heat.

When mixture starts to boil, slowly sprinkle in 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.

Stir mixture quickly and thoroughly for about 3 min. until it becomes a firm doughy consistency. Remove from heat and put dough on a dinner plate. Press the dough flat and let it cool for 1 or 2 min. then turn it over and let the other side cool. Work the dough in your hand for a minute, then place it in a plastic bag and seal it.

Bouncing Doughball

2 cups flour
2 cups cornmeal (Quaker)
2 cups water

Put into an old pot and stir into a paste. Cook, flatten, and stir until mixture becomes thick. Add I tbsp. vanilla, 4 tbsp. Karo dark syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook, flatten, and stir until thick again. For desired consistency, make a little ball out of the mixture, drop it and if it doesn’t bounce an inch or two, continue cooking until it does.

Jell-O Doughball

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.

Add three tbsp. of strawberry flavored Jell-O, then slowly add, while stirring a mixture of two cups of yellow cornmeal and one cup of flour.

Now, turn down the heat and stir while cooking for about five minutes.

Let the dough cool thoroughly before refrigerating in a plastic bag.
man, well if I can't catch one with all that help I need to hang up my rod. Thanks again, I'll give you an update after I head out to penitencia ponds on Fri.
Hold on to your rod or put it in freespool. I've seen a few dudes go running after their poles after a carp took off with it. Funny...... lol
I’ve been fishing these ponds for almost 20 years. If you’re looking for huge carp the biggest pond hold the most carp. Corn is pretty much the only bait we ever use for the monsters and have done well. For bass a weightless senko will always produce easy fish. The biggest pond seems to hold the most bass but don’t forget about the other two. If you just want to catch fish and don’t care how you do it a night crawler fished about 2ft below a casting bubble is just unfair…the fish here can’t resist it. One of the lakes holds a true trophy put your time and you might hook into her. Remember catch and release and all the good stuff.
going to go over there at lunch to check these ponds out.....went out to almaden perc last night and hit 3 for a total weight of 7.3 lbs....first time fishing this year.....not bad for 2 hours of fishing and my first fishes of the year....seems like the fish are coming up now.....anyway...we'll see if i get lucky at lunch....i'll let you guys know... [green]
mvergara79 wrote:
going to go over there at lunch to check these ponds out.....went out to almaden perc last night and hit 3 for a total weight of 7.3 lbs....first time fishing this year.....not bad for 2 hours of fishing and my first fishes of the year....seems like the fish are coming up now.....anyway...we'll see if i get lucky at lunch....i'll let you guys know... [green]

What did you use? which pond? what time did you go?

NightBassin wrote:
I’ve been fishing these ponds for almost 20 years. If you’re looking for huge carp the biggest pond hold the most carp. Corn is pretty much the only bait we ever use for the monsters and have done well. For bass a weightless senko will always produce easy fish. The biggest pond seems to hold the most bass but don’t forget about the other two. If you just want to catch fish and don’t care how you do it a night crawler fished about 2ft below a casting bubble is just unfair…the fish here can’t resist it. One of the lakes holds a true trophy put your time and you might hook into her. Remember catch and release and all the good stuff.

So you just put a few kernals on a treble hook? I've tried sweet corn before with no luck at Chesboro. I'll try anything since I want to land a fish that puts up a good fight.
No trebles..
Just use a small #8 Bait hook.. tie it on your self and maybe add a small split shot 3 feet above it ... there ya have it , and your set... and like Jerbs said ... hold that pole , open the bail, or just turn down the drag all the way so that when the fish grabs it , it can run freely wit it... and keep in mind your using light light tackle,.. no muscling these guys... your gotta wear em out.. if you get into one that is 10 pounds or heavier...
Your in for a long fight ...
I was using 6 pound mono test on a trout rod (ultra light and light rods), with white bread and a couple pieces of sweet corn, @ Alamden Lake, and those carp would either mouth it.. or they would just grab it and run... it will make your heart race, and your drag scream!!
Anything over 10 pounds on a light set up can take an easy 5 fives to get in , if that tells ya anything...
Go Rip Some Lips and let us know...
i was fishing a carolina rig with a zoom brush hog....for some reason a carolina rig in most cases produces at least one fish for me.....as far as the ponds i walk a ways so it may be like the fourth or fifth pound.....it's one of the pond behind the newer houses but i have hit fish in the 2nd and 3rd ponds....in the 2nd pond try that corner right of the trail....i've hit a fish there almost everytime...it seems like a pattern there are the corners....anyway...good luck......i might try that carp thing....my friend hit a 25-30 pounder at almaden lake...actually hooked into it with a crank bait...but dam....that was a long fight.....
going to check out the penitencia perc ponds today at lunch....i'll let you know how it goes.... :D
was at the ponds for about 25 minutes....it's a little further from work than i thought...probably can't go for lunch...not enough time....but ponds look good though...will have to go there when i have more time to fish.....probably go out with 2 rods....get a carp set up going....
Also was at Penitencia today. Ran into MVergara. was out there for about an hour with a carp setup and a bass rod. nothing. except if you count the seagull that ate my bread/hook. Tried Cheetos also (since I have plenty on hand and have seen massive carp come to the surface for them at Don Pedro) still nothing. A lot of topwater action though by the waterfall. I'll be out there again tomorrow but I might try the park ponds.
I tried to buy chips over on the east side today and they said Greg hadn't been by yet. Get to work BUM!!!
Some of us marry sugar mommas and don't have to work. Not too late for you.