Pinto Lake 4/5 - Late Report

Sorry for the late report.

My wife is about to pop so I'm trying to fish close to home and within cell phone range in case I get the call. Anyhow, I get to Pinto around 7:30am and unload all my stuff. I started fishing the north end of the lake around the tullies for nada. I threw a variety of reaction baits and soft plastics with no success. I figure the bite is gonna be tough so I continue working close to the plethora of cover with a T-rigged senko. Finally around 2pm I pitch my senko into a shady patch of tullies and feel the slightest amount of pressure on the end of my line. Set the hook and fish on. Turns out to be a fat little 2.5lb LM. That was my last senko so I started pitching a fat ika and not 10 minutes later I land my second fish...just a few ounces smaller. It was time to call it a day but it felt so good to get into some fish. I had to scratch all day for them but it was worth it. Here's a pic to finish it up:

I'm headed back there tomorrow for what is probably my last fishing trip before the little one arrives. Wish me luck.

-TL
Nice lookin yak.
Good luck with the little one P.S. let us know fisherman or fisherwoman ;)
pinto could be very tough sometimes what color of ika were you throwing thats one of my favorite baits to throw ;)ever try the big ika smaller profile goes thru the tullies better but the fat ika is a great bait also great pics len
Quote:
Nice lookin yak.

Thanks Kevin. I love my yak :D

Quote:
Good luck with the little one P.S. let us know fisherman or fisherwoman ;)

She will be my little fisherwoman, AKA "Aubrey the fish slayer" ;D

Quote:
pinto could be very tough sometimes what color of ika were you throwing thats one of my favorite baits to throw ;)ever try the big ika smaller profile goes thru the tullies better but the fat ika is a great bait also great pics len

Thanks Len

I was throwing a smoke colored fat ika. I haven't tried the big ikas yet but will give them a try soon.
Good luk with the lil one!!!!

And great pix,like len says man pinto can be rough....I live like 10 min away from there and its always a diff story with that lake...

Sometimes its on sometimes its off,just gota play it right and land there on a good day!!!!

Get as much time on the water as ya can man!!!!!
So I guess pinto is cool to fish now. I'm only fifteen minutes away. What was the water clarity like Titelinez, Is all the "crud" gone? BTW nice fish. And yeah pinto is kinda tuff sometimes. Gotta pitch way back in there to get bit.
nitroboy56,

Water clarity is the best I have ever seen. No crud in the water and there's at least 2-4 feet visibility. Some water is clearer than other parts of the lake. If we can actually get a couple weeks of low to mid 70's the bite should pic up.

-TL
cant wait for buzzbait bite ;) ;)len
sweet sunday morning swimbait and pitchin' action. Thanks for the info man. Hopefully the bite is happenin' with the warm weekend. Good luck with the new baby.