Please Practice and educate catch and release

I saw this post on Western !@#$ reports. Sort of made me sick, angry and disapointed...not to say that was probably my lost lure. (8-|

WTG guys for signing on and speaking out! Greg and Mike P. However I rarely wish bad JuJu on people!

Copy and paste this to other fishing sites you visit please!

Name: Greg
Date: 0000-00-00
Water Temp:
Water Clarity: Muddy (0-2 feet visibility)
Report: Catch and Release those big females I want my kids and their kids to have a chance to catch big fish to someday.

Tips:

Delete Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: mike p
Date: 2009-11-01
Water Temp:
Water Clarity: Muddy (0-2 feet visibility)
Report: not a report but this is for mike i hope u get real sick when u eat that fish, ur not suppose to keep big female bass the bigger they are the more mercury are in them. plus your fucking it up for the generations to come i hope i never see u on my lakes

Tips:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mike
Date: 2009-10-31
Water Temp:
Water Clarity: Clear (4-6 feet visibility)
Report: Walking the beach in Jago, found a NICE crankbait, lost by an unfortunate angler... tied it to my line, cast it off the docka couple of times & caught an 11lb. monster bass. In the frying pan right now. MMmmmm.

Tips: Free lures are the best.
I just THREW UP!!!!! ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Sad.....C&R 4 life....
i always practice C&R. always have and always will
Fish Barbless Too!! It greatly increases the fishes chance of survival and makes the sport more challlenging. So happy to see so many consciencious anglers on this site :)
Catch and release not only applies to fish but to women as well.
Frying an 11lb bass [!] Thats a travesty, I'd give that guy a piece of my mind (or something) if I witnessed him taking a fish of that caliber.
While I practice CR...I can only sit here and think, whats wrong with it taking a big fish? I mean, do you guys get upset when fishermen take 30+ lbs salmon home?
sidewazzz wrote:
While I practice CR...I can only sit here and think, whats wrong with it taking a big fish? I mean, do you guys get upset when fishermen take 30+ lbs salmon home?

I can agree taking the occasional trophy fish that you catch is perfectly fine. The thing that bugs me is when people take big bass like that which are most likely in pre-spawn. That means we lose out on all the babies that female may have hatched later in the season. I think that's the main thing that gets most of us irritated at it.
It is just that a bass of that size is most likely female, and the number of fry each year she can produce can be 4-5 hundred each spring, maybe. Only a small number of them survive to grow to be catchable toads/trophies to brag about. The more we can educate catch and release, the better to preserve the sport. I remember my grandfather bringing home and average fish, and they were monsters to eat. Now, what they were averaging, in the 60's and early 70's, is now a huge acomplishment for us as "Bass Anglers". Back in the day they didn't know any better and would nail 20 or more, ten plus pounders to a 2 x 4 and hold em up for pictures...I got em to prove it! Now, as responsible Bass Anglers, we adhere to a fishing limit of 5, and a true Bass Angler in my opinion, would practice and educate conservation! If these bass must be eaten, please try to keep a couple of the small ones and release all 3 # Bass and up! This way we can hope to preserve our fisheries for further enjoyment! Mabe we can get more of those trophy and world record fish here in California. If we take fish like this, we may never beat the world record. Just think our world record almost went to Japan! [green] :)
May your children's children, catch them like we can now. Possibly your Child, Grandchild or my Godson Mike, can bring to scale, a world record Bass here in California, "Our Golden State", in the near future! 8-)