Pond Near Oakridge Mall

I live near Oakridge Mall and decided to fish the pond under the freeway on Staurday with a buddy and his kids. This was the biggest of three. All caught on a texas rigged pumpkinseed baby brush hog. There alot of ponds in this area and I have heard that fishing is good. Check it out.
Attachment:
Clay & Fish.jpg
nice fish.

I never thought there would be fish in those ponds. You're talking about the ones near the light rail station by the bridge right?
Yeah. There is a chain of six or seven ponds and I just checked that one out and we catch fish every time we go. I have not fished every pond but they all have good fish in them. Try the ones at the corner of Coleman & Meridian too. There is a trail you can walk to all the ponds. I live in that neighborhood and catch fish all year long there.
bassakwards wrote:
Yeah. There is a chain of six or seven ponds and I just checked that one out and we catch fish every time we go. I have not fished every pond but they all have good fish in them. Try the ones at the corner of Coleman & Meridian too. There is a trail you can walk to all the ponds. I live in that neighborhood and catch fish all year long there.

Have you ever been hassled at those ponds by coleman and meridian? I've been there a couple times and never got hassled, but I noticed they put up "No Fishing" signs there.
The fishing is good there as long as you don't get caught. I've never been caught there. There are also some monster bluegill which will give you a run for your nightcrawler. The spot below is the most unfished spot. Probably because you have to hop a fence to get to it. But its the easiest catch. Just throw a night crawler on and wait 15 seconds and you will get a bite.

I have never see a no fishing sign there before. The ponds over by Coleman and Meridian have several different entrances and I can just walk down my street and go in. I know that they are part of San Jose Water Company and I have had one guy pull up in a truck and tell me that you are not supposed to fish but he didn't care. There is always trash left behind from kids/adults who go out there to party so when I go to the one by my house I take the trash with me. I feel it justifies me catchin a few of their fish and throwin them back once in a while.
bassakwards wrote:
I have never see a no fishing sign there before. The ponds over by Coleman and Meridian have several different entrances and I can just walk down my street and go in. I know that they are part of San Jose Water Company and I have had one guy pull up in a truck and tell me that you are not supposed to fish but he didn't care. There is always trash left behind from kids/adults who go out there to party so when I go to the one by my house I take the trash with me. I feel it justifies me catchin a few of their fish and throwin them back once in a while.

The sign I saw was by the first pond closest to the Meridian entrance. Hell, I'll just keep fishing there until someone says otherwise I guess. It's not like I keep the fish.
Would be cool if those ponds had catfish. I've been craving for a catfish fight }:(
I've been craving to catch a fish period. I've been getting the fat skunk these last few weeks. That's why I'm searching out new spots; the Campbell perc ponds just aren't cutting it anymore.
No Nrg wrote:
I've been craving to catch a fish period. I've been getting the fat skunk these last few weeks. That's why I'm searching out new spots; the Campbell perc ponds just aren't cutting it anymore.

Try these ponds out. I have the best luck movin a brush hog or wacky rigged 5" senko REALLY slow. Have fun!
I just started living in sj at the beginning of the fall sjsu semester..ive been looking for places to fish in the area and it seems like these would be awesome to try and they dont seem to far from where im living. So are these ponds in residential areas?? Im just not to familiar with sj other than downtown area.
JDBassin wrote:
I just started living in sj at the beginning of the fall sjsu semester..ive been looking for places to fish in the area and it seems like these would be awesome to try and they dont seem to far from where im living. So are these ponds in residential areas?? Im just not to familiar with sj other than downtown area.

I also go to sjsu! The ponds are in residential areas. Usually I park by someones house and walk to the pond.
what pond guys? anyone have a map on how to get there?
jayshogun wrote:
what pond guys? anyone have a map on how to get there?

ask and you shall recieve

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=san+jose+ca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.144864,81.914062&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=San+Jose,+Santa+Clara,+California&ll=37.255234,-121.870995&spn=0.009376,0.019999&t=h&z=16
wow thanks for the info. ive been looking for good new bass waters near me. ill go and try it out.
thanks man ima check it out.
I just happen to see this, and really wanted to contribute since everybody knows where this is. I always wanted to try under the freeway and the ponds behind denny's and that one pond behind the fence. I have fished the ponds by Guadalupe Creek trail there are 11 ponds and we have seen fish there and had few bites but no hook up but we will soon. We also had luck at Almaden Lake and under the green bridge. MOst of our fish caught was at Los Alamitos perc ponds behind Laz e boy. Here are some pictures. Abits that were used were senkos and spinner baits. We fish there nearly every Saturday hard for u guys to miss us. Any body wanna go fish together let me know. And at Los alamitos there are catfish, had a guy show me a picture of a few he caught.(MONSTER CARP 2). But yea let me know if u wanna fish.
Fished yesterday at the pond under the freeway for about 15 minutes after work with my buddy and his kids again. I had alot to do last night but I was able to get there and make about 5 casts. Glad I did!
Where are the Alamitos Perc Ponds???
Remember to practice catch and release and keep this place a secret to people who don't practice catch and release.