Posting YouTube Videos & Photos

Hey everyone, I've made it a bit easier to embed YouTube vidoes & Photos within your post.

Posting YouTube Videos

1. Find the YouTube video that you would like to post.
2. Copy the URL (NOT the Embed code) and paste it into your SJB post.
3. Highlight the YouTube link in your post, and then click on the YouTube box above.
Attachment:
Picture 4.png

4. It should then look something like this code below:
Code:
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvjYohS55w[/YouTube]

5. Post and enjoy the embedded version of YouTube.
6. If the video is available in HD then you can use the YouTube-HD. The video MUST be in HD for this method to work.
7. See the "YouTube" and "YouTube-HD" samples below....

Posting Photos

***You no longer need to resize your images***

1. At the bottom of the message body, you will see a place to attach files.
2. Click on "Browse" and locate your photo on your computer.
3. Choose "Add the file".
4. Post and Enjoy - the server will automatically resize and create a thumbnail.
5. Presently, you can upload up to three attachments per post. I can increase that if needed.
6. Please be sure to also email the photo to photos@sanjosebass.com to place it in the SJB Photos section.

Here are the YouTube & YouTube-HD Samples:

This is a Standard Definition post using the "YouTube" box above...

This is a High Definition post using the "YouTube-HD" box above...

But this is also a pretty nice video...
You are the MAN...... [green] now all I need is to catch so fish...............lol
JimmyG
Ok, it works for me now. JimmyG asked me to post that pic for him.
Hey Marce i'm having trouble with the avitar picture resizing its saying i have to many pixels 150 x 113 when it can only be 20x20? what am i doing wrong?
Hey Ponz,

It's best if you post your photo somwhere else and use the linking method instead of the upload method. If you need more clarification just PM me and I'll help you out.

Thanks!

Marce
Hey Marce, would it work for him, if he plugged in his camera to his PC, and next use the browser button, to navigate to the chosen photo on the camera? Once in the browser cell, the next step would be upload, followed by post inline button? Do you think that method would work or is that what is going on right now?
Raggamuffin Rippin wrote:
Hey Marce, would it work for him, if he plugged in his camera to his PC, and next use the browser button, to navigate to the chosen photo on the camera? Once in the browser cell, the next step would be upload, followed by post inline button? Do you think that method would work or is that what is going on right now?

Not necessarily, there is a very small file size limitation on Avatars, which is why people usually load them up somewhere else and then just point the avatar to the URL.

Let me see if I can adjust the avatar limitation...

Thanks!

Marce