quary lakes

banked it at rainbow lake from 12-545. caught my limit all keepers. all fish pretty fat and healthy. avg weight about 4lbs. biggest was 6lbs and that was my first fish of the year. all caught on a shakey head with a robo worm. tried a chatter bait, lipless cranks, spinner, and wacky rigged flick n shake caught nothing. all fish caught within 20ft from shore in about 3-5ft of water. all the fish were tucked in submerged shrubs. what a great day. only if everyday fishing could be like this.
here are pics of the fish i caught. pics dont do the fish justice sorry. take from my camera phone
Kept your bass? That's frowned upon here. But I don't mind.

Were they hitting topwaters? How much did it cost? Ive never been there because I hate the idea of having to pay for parking AND then pay for fishing too.

Nice looking bass.
It was 10 bucks for fishing pass and parking. Not too bad but I feal on having to pay for both. But it helps maintain the lakes and the bass healthy. Oh and I did try top water but no luck. Didn't even see any fish jumping.
plz dont keep the bass!!! release them so they can live to fight another day!!!!
catch and release or don't post
i only practice catch and release so all fish went back unharmed. i only meant by catching my limit as i caught 5 fish.. lol sorry for the misunderstanding.

went back out today around 12 stayed for a couple hours. no luck the fish probly moved back deeper cause of the sun. water was pretty clear. went to calero and anderson after no luck either. maybe next time.
good stuff man, been real hit or miss out there at quarry. I get out there and fish those ponds a lot, so keep your eyes peeled for my sj bass hat and say whats up!!!

Nice fish!!!
thanks rick. ill definitely say wasup if i see you around.
speaking of quarry.. i headed out there 2 days ago. fished for 4 hours and dint catch a thing.. >:-( i thought it was going to be good out there but i guess not. i called you when i was out there Rick! i was trying to get some advice hahahah
jcFOSHO wrote:
speaking of quarry.. i headed out there 2 days ago. fished for 4 hours and dint catch a thing.. >:-( i thought it was going to be good out there but i guess not. i called you when i was out there Rick! i was trying to get some advice hahahah

dang bro, that sucks.... never got a call, but it could have been my crap phone. But hit me anytime your around.... Gonna be fishing shadow cliffs every chance i can before they close it up... (which sucks big ones!!!) >:-( ;(

If anyone out there has never been and has means to get out on the water ie.. toon or float tube, now is a great time to land some quality fish in those back ponds!!!

Lets get together and rip some lips....
Hit rainbow at first light for a few hours and got a 4#lmb on a lunker punker. Water is very clear.
dang wish i had luck like that this year so far. i only got 1 this year haha.