Report - 4/2

JimmyG and I went to Lake Anderson and walked the shoreline from the launch ramp to the point just up from the spillway. We were tossing brown jigs with craw trailers and we ended up with 8 bass in the 2-3 lb range and a mess of little dinks (8-10"). The bite was on-again off-again...it must have been the lower pressure system because the fish would bite as soon as it started to rain. As soon as the rain stopped, the bite turned off. We fished from 9-12noon and we had the lake to ourselves. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been out fishing, so this was a great first day back on the water!

P.S. - ***The rocks like to eat jigs!!!***

- Josh
Josh lets do it again soon! I think ill be out again on fri/sat not sure which day. Anyone else wanna go this weekend hit me up ;) ;D
I've got work this weekend, but I may try to get out there first thing in the morning on Saturday...I'll give you a call on Friday. We need to find the keys to your in-laws boat! - Josh
sounds like anderson is HOOOOOOOTTTTT right now! did you only throw jigs??
We only used brown jigs (with brown skirt) with a "pumpkin seed" craw trailer...that's it! I had a 2lber my second cast. We moved out to the point just north of the launch ramp and we caught 4 2-3 lbers within 10 minutes. Anderson is so hot right now.

Josh
The fish aren't monsters, but they are abundant! - Josh
I tubed the south end Friday and Saturday mornings for a dozen, each day, but the wind ended my days early. Most were 1-2.5 pounds.
My buddy had a 3 and a 5 on Friday.
It's definately a prespawn bite now!
There is still some fish a little deeper (20 feet) but most are moving up onto the flats.

Rocks don't eat senkos like they do jigs! ;)
JimmyG called me on Saturday and told me that the ducks are biting! I'll let him tell the story...

Josh
Quote:
JimmyG called me on Saturday and told me that the ducks are biting! Â I'll let him tell the story...

Josh

He's a duck killa now ;D
I was out on Sunday with Red and Dus. Got about 20 in all ...biggest was a 3lb. But that dang wind was tremendous. Could have fished longer if it wasn't for that dang wind. Fished south end of lake temp was around 59 and fish were at 10 feet to 15
Quote:
I was out on Sunday with Red and Dus. Got about 20 in all ...biggest was a 3lb. But that dang wind was tremendous. Could have fished longer if it wasn't for that dang wind. Fished south end of lake temp was around 59 and fish were at 10 feet to 15

Dude, how long you been on here? I didn't even realize! I ended up with 10 and lost 3. As long as my finder was showing 14-16 feet I'd get hit. All i got to say is thank god for trolling motors!!!!! I actually had water come over my toon a few times which has never happened as long as I have been toonin.
::) Ever since Dus caught his hog at Claro and showed me this Site with his pic!! This place is way better than the other one that I will not mention!! :o All they do over their is flame each other!! :D
Can any of you give me some advice for fishing Anderson - I have never been there and am a bit confused by the Cochrane versus East Dunne areas - can you fish anywhere on the lake? Is there shore access for fishing from Cochrane side?

I appreciate any input.

Cheers!
Nah you can't fish everywhere but there is quite a bit of place reacheable from the shore.
Is it like Coyote with designated fish zones that you need a map from the ranger station to see? or do you mean you cant reach everywhere without a boat - where do you recommend I go to grab some fish? Thanks a ton.

EDIT: I grabbed the map at the website and it looks like you can fish either Woodchoppers or the Dam the first off East Dunne and the other off Cochrane - sound about right?
I mean you can't reach everywhere without a boat. Honestly I don't know cause I haven't been there in a long time but from bank the dam and woodchoopers seem to be good areas.
First things first woodchoppers is free parking and you have to pay $6.00 at the dam. you can fish either side it seems people are catching more fish by the dam when they shore fish. I have been going to woodchopper myself and have gotten skunked the past 5-6 times i have gone out.
Same goes for me skunk city in Woodchoppers. Ive been banking the dam about 7 times the past 2weeks ....havent got skunked yet. ;) well i caught a Mallard the other day im not counting that one though.. ;D Jigs and cranks seem to work well along the dam ;)
I agree with JimmyG...the bite at Woodchoppers is on one day and off for about a week! The dam hasn't let us down yet. The water is clear and there is plenty of structure (boat docks, rocks & boulders, trees & weed lines) along the dam to keep any bass angler busy. Enjoy.
We were in the toons and I caught more of my fish on the oposite bank of woodchoppers. I was so damn windy I just dragged a 4" senko on a split shot and a 6" lizard on a carolina rig. The senko produced more, but the lizard produced better quality. If you can get to the island by woodchoppers first, that would be a good place from shore. There is a lot of ups and downs out there that would hold bass. It was time to go by the time I got to the area. Just take it slow. I got most bites on a slow drag.