Sacramento Sportman Show

Anyone heading up the the International Sportmen's Show this weekend in Sacramento?

I'm gonna be there this Sunday to check out.
I've always been interested in this show or Fred Hall but never know if it's worth the drive. Do vendors give out pretty good deals/freebies, or is it mostly just show and tell for upcoming products?
River 2 Sea always has a bunch of tackle for $2 - $5 each. Fisherman's Warehouse has sale promotions. The drive there is always longer than the amount the time of time I spend there.
I've gone for the past few years. The best reason to go is the demo tank. Skeet Reese, John Murry, Bobby Barrack, Randy Pringle and others will all give talks on tips and techniques. Not sure about the deals.
Any one know if this show will be going to San Meteo this year? Dont wanna make that drive to Sac.
I believe the San Mateo show is long dead.

Anyone have any reports from the Sacramento show? Anything new and interesting or any nice goodies they got their mitts on?
Not much goodies. River2Sea had their usual blow out but I went on Friday and there wasn't anything worth noting. Saw John Murray, Randy Pringle and Brett Hite speak. Hite's talk was great, all about chatterbait fishing. Basically, if you want to spend day doing nothing but hearing guys talk about bass fishing or talking to tohers about bass fishing then you should go.
If I didnt live so far I would be there.
Hope all the guys that went got plenty of hand outs or terrific deals to make up for their
driving expenses.
Dobyns was selling Champs for $150! I should have waited.

Also learned some stuff from Ken Mah and Dan Jenkins (Reelx) about the Shimano Curado I's

There were some good deals on P-Line Laser Minnows, buy 3 get one free. Sadly, no fish have bitten them yet. Even when I drop them right on top of their heads.
Great show! Got to swing by Bass Pro on the way home
The ISE was a good show for fishing gear and information. Fisherman's Warehouse had a bunch of Shimano Calcutta's and baitcasting reels for 50% off plus no sales tax. I ended up buying a Calcutta TE DC201. River2Sea had a bunch of lures, the best of which was the Bully WA frogs 4 for $10. Enjoyed a couple of the demo tank talks, very informative. Gary Dobyn's wrapped Ranger bass boat with the new Evinrude motor was one of the nicest rigs ever.
muymal wrote:
Dobyns was selling Champs for $150! I should have waited.

Also learned some stuff from Ken Mah and Dan Jenkins (Reelx) about the Shimano Curado I's

There were some good deals on P-Line Laser Minnows, buy 3 get one free. Sadly, no fish have bitten them yet. Even when I drop them right on top of their heads.

Hey muymal was it the new champs(with carbon fiber) or the older model?
I didn't look super close but they looked identical to ones I picked up last year. Is there a new model coming or are you talking about the updated "flat" vs "glossy" carbon fiber finish?
Yeah just the updated flat carbon fiber one. Or was it only the glossy ones