Sandy Wool Finally Producing

The trout bite is finally good at Sandy Wool. The water has gotten much clearer and apparently the pelicans have found another place to eat fish. Lots of guys hitting limits today. Kastmasters, Mouse tails, or powerbait rolled like a worm and slow retrieved has produced the best results. The sit and soakers were not very productive.

Tight lines,

Adam
Would you eat these trout? Or are they all full of awesomeness like heavy metal?
I will and have eaten the trout. I think they taste good with different seasonings or marinades. I have to admit the larger lassen trout do seem to have a better flavor to them.

What exactly do you mean by heavy metal? Mercury? Mercury only effects the areas tied into the almaden mercury mines from what I have read.

AW
blackbag wrote:
I will and have eaten the trout. I think they taste good with different seasonings or marinades. I have to admit the larger lassen trout do seem to have a better flavor to them.

What exactly do you mean by heavy metal? Mercury? Mercury only effects the areas tied into the almaden mercury mines from what I have read.

AW

Yea that's what I am talking about. I've had trout, but it seems a huge amount of water around here is contaminated, to include part of the bay.... Signs are everywhere saying don't eat fish. Just curious, I am not one to care to much about the level of mercury, UNLESS it's coming from Almaden Lake, because that would be horrible.
Those are put n' take fish, meant to be eaten. They will never establish a breeding population on our lakes. Mercury levels in fish grow exponentially as they feed on the smaller organisms living in the tainted water, which is why the apex predators in any given body of water will have the largest levels of mercury. The higher up the food chain, the higher level of mercury generally because the big predators are consuming all of the mercury that has already been consumed further down the line. At least that's how I understand it.
These trout are raised in "clean" water and aren't really part of the food chain in these lakes. Until they get slurped down by a bass [green]
houla wrote:
Those are put n' take fish, meant to be eaten. They will never establish a breeding population on our lakes. Mercury levels in fish grow exponentially as they feed on the smaller organisms living in the tainted water, which is why the apex predators in any given body of water will have the largest levels of mercury. The higher up the food chain, the higher level of mercury generally because the big predators are consuming all of the mercury that has already been consumed further down the line. At least that's how I understand it.
These trout are raised in "clean" water and aren't really part of the food chain in these lakes. Until they get slurped down by a bass [green]

Noted!
Haven't been over there in about a year! Never hit the place for trout. Would swing by for lunch and after work for a quick bass session. Got lucky a few times but nothing huge.

Always fun tho!

Wouldn't mind throwing a few last masters either just for the heck of it.

Might check it out.

fnf
LoL WHOOT I guess it wasn't a Myth when they said they planed a few hundred pounds for the longest time. :] Glad they are finally biting!
Are there bass in Sandy Wool? Asking because I work only about 10 minutes away and could go there for a few hours before heading home one of these days.