Severe Weather Alert Severe Weather Alert

Severe Weather Alert

/O.NEW.KMTR.WI.Y.0006.090414T1800Z- 090415T0600Z/ SAN FRANCISCO-SAN FRANCISCO BAY SHORELINE- SAN FRANCISCO PENINSULA COAST-EAST BAY INTERIOR VALLEYS- EAST BAY HILLS AND DIABLO RANGE-SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS- SANTA CLARA VALLEY...INCLUDING SAN JOSE- SOUTHERN SALINAS VALLEY...ARROYO SECO...AND LAKE SAN ANTONIO- SANTA LUCIA MOUNTAINS AND LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST- MOUNTAINS OF SAN BENITO AND INTERIOR MONTEREY COUNTY INCLUDING PINNACLES NATIONAL MONUMENT- NORTHERN SALINAS VALLEY...HOLLISTER VALLEY...AND CARMEL VALLEY- SOUTHERN MONTEREY BAY AND BIG SUR COAST- 235 PM PDT MON APR 13 2009
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM PDT TUESDAY FOR MOST OF THE SAN FRANCISCO AND MONTEREY BAY REGION...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM PDT TUESDAY.

A DRY COLD FRONT WILL PASS OVER THE REGION ON TUESDAY. BEHIND THE FRONT STRONG NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP. WIND GUSTS OF 45 MPH ARE EXPECTED IN THE ADVISORY AREA WITH THE STRONGEST WINDS EXPECTED ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST AND IN THE COASTAL HILLS. THE PERIOD OF STRONGEST WINDS IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING HOURS OF TUESDAY.

IN ADDITION TO THE COAST AND HILLS... LOCATIONS NEAR SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT... THE SANTA CLARA VALLEY AND THE SALINAS VALLEY WILL BE PRONE TO SOME OF THE STRONGEST WINDS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT WIND GUSTS OF 45 MPH ARE EXPECTED AT ELEVATIONS BELOW 2500 FEET. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

&&
thanks for the heads up
I hate wind with a passion. It is comparable to mosquitos flying near your ear when you are trying to sleep. Annoying and nothing you can do about it. I hope it calms before tomorrow. 8-)
Great post! Thanks for warning us all.
Not likely to be calm out there. The forecasts I've checked show 11-17mph with gusts to 22mph. Almost every time I've gone out when high winds are forecast it actually blows harder at the lakes. Sometimes ridiculously harder. Something about how the surrounding hillsides funnel in winds.