Shaky Head Worm!

I'm looking for a good shaky head worm. First off, do you guys suggest ONLY to use floating worms for the shaky head set up. Cause I rigged a ZOOM mag shaky head worm, and it sinks because of all the salt content, and kind of just drags along the bottom. I thought the whole point of the shaky head was to imitate something standing straight, and feeding off the bottom. Ive tried a few different worms, and now I have some Trick Worms, and 6" Roboworms coming in the mail to try out as well. Any advice on what type of worm you guys have had luck with, or a round shaky head compared to the flat bottom or oval kindof shaky head jigs would be much appreciated. I need to learn how to FINESSE the bass instead of just smacking them in the face with a crankbait! lol
I don't think the worm needs to float necessarily to use on a shaky head, but it does look better. I have seen people use non floating worms with success, but that wasn't during winter and they were constantly twitching the rod to keep the worm moving.

I have tried both trickworm and roboworm on shakey heads. They both sink, but roboworm sinks a little slower than the trickworm. I don't use shaky head often, but when I do use it, I usually rig a hag's tornado which is a floating worm.
You don't have to fish a floating worm, but I highly reccomend it. Your going to get the most action out of a floating worm. The worm that I reccomend is a roboworm. It obviosly floats, and also has TONS of action. But I don't only fish that worm on just a shakey head. Trick worms would work good also, but you are going to get the best results on a roboworm in my opinion.
Cool I'm definately gonna try the 6" roboworm. I hear they float more after they are used in the water and the salt rubs off. I've thought about washing them in water once I get them, or even trying to inject a little air bubble into the tail with a syringe. If anyone has any more suggestions on new worms to try Id love to hear it so I can try 'em out
Kicker baits has floating worms, works great on a shakey head or as a jig trailer.
IBangBangU wrote:
I don't use shaky head often, but when I do use it, I usually rig a hag's tornado.

[?] Image [green]

I have zero experience with shakey heads, but I just picked these up mainly because of the reviews and the shape/design makes sense. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Custom_C ... CCLSH.html
They do seem to want to "stand up" when playing with them on my desk. Haven't had a chance to fish em' yet.
houla wrote:
IBangBangU wrote:
I don't use shaky head often, but when I do use it, I usually rig a hag's tornado.

[?] Image [green]

I have zero experience with shakey heads, but I just picked these up mainly because of the reviews and the shape/design makes sense. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Custom_C ... CCLSH.html
They do seem to want to "stand up" when playing with them on my desk. Haven't had a chance to fish em' yet.

Hahahaha...where'd you find that pic? Word travels fast...he's quoting me already... lol.

But those shakey heads you have look solid! I'm liking the way that hook looks...I really don't like the hook shape on the common shaky heads.
Nice pic, houla! As for the shaky head, I haven't seen that one before. Looks like it's one of Gary Dobyns' favorites.

Here's another one from Megastrike that seems to be popular:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megastri ... PROMD.html
IBangBangU wrote:

Hahahaha...where'd you find that pic? Word travels fast...he's quoting me already... lol.

But those shakey heads you have look solid! I'm liking the way that hook looks...I really don't like the hook shape on the common shaky heads.

That can only mean one thing... You are now "the most interesting man in the world".... [green]
By common shaky head, you mean the crappie jig with the long shank hook? They seem a little un-inspiring to me too.

That Megastrike Steve posted looks pretty functional. The real issue here is the fact that us, as fishermen, have been reduced to "diddleing" a worm in one spot, for seconds on end, just to get bit!
Where's the fun in that? I prefer the run n' gun.... ;)
I like the 3X strike king worms , they are made of that extra stretchy plastic that floats .
They last forever on the hook and stand straight-up on a shakey head.
second choice is a robo worm in any color.
take a look at the Megastrike stand-up heads , they sell them at tackle wherehouse.
They are really good for any plastics , the design does really good at standing up with any plastics . They are great with b-hogs , straight worms , etc..
Robb
Try out these baits. They are awesome don't need shaky head jig.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Big_Bite ... BSQTW.html
I use a basic 5" Yamamoto senko on an Owner Shakey Ultrahead - in the short time I've been on the water I've had good results with that combo.
I used black spring screw 3/16th heads, with Robo worm FAT 4.5'' Bold Bluegill worms and nailed that lot of fish yesterday. I have been researching the techniques, and what I've found is they tell you to use this style with a slack in the line, and 3-5 min retrieve. I used it with little to no slack and maybe a 2 minute retrieve. Really it comes down to the fish, and what THEY want. If you got an Xbox, get on LIVE and download Youtube, and just watch vids, it's what I did.