SIGHT FISHING ALMADEN

Well, I hit almaden lake about 5:30pm last night, still some sunlight out. Me and a friend of mine starter hitting the banks on coleman side. Right next to ever bush there was a male swimming around I hit a few spot that have produced for me in the past. Nothing, not even a look. Untill I found a spot near the cement sand bag area (you'll now if you've been there). I seen a nice size male floting around, so I tossed jigs, craws, lizards, tubes....nothing. Till I tossed a sweat beaver a lil toward the bushes he was floting by. A a HUGE female came out from the bushes and smacked....felt a huge THUMP, I set...came right out of her mouth >:-( . I kept tossing back and nothing again.. >:-( ;(

So I try for the male again.. Id say another 15-20min, just killing time. At this time the Ranger start making there calls "ALMADEN LAKE IS NOW CLOSED", Right at that time I seen to big top water splashes on the other side of the bush I was tossing at. So I make way aroung to the other side, And I see another big splash.. It had to be her. So I put on a lil pop-r Right near the bush.....pop...pop pop...pop ..long pause.................pop and SMACK [!] [!] [!] Its her and ITS ON [!] .
She started digging. Taking line like crazy. All the while my co-pilot was fishing down ways by the bridge. I yelling for him and trying to fight big ol'girl. I finally get her tired enough to bring her near shore. I was thinking to myself "this has to be my new PB" . she had a Huge freaking belly on her.
So I see my friend coming down the way so I figued I would try to lip her. Also I managed to get some spectors watching, So I reach for ther line, grab It.....She kicks one final time....Snap [8|] .......... NOOOOOOOOO. There she goes.. with a mouth full of hooks... and poss my new PB ;( ;( ... And I herd a big "oooollll' maybe next time" from the folks watching. I was and still am so mad for try to get that girl by myself!! And the real sad thing is... Nobody I know seen what happend... no nobody I know believes me. ;(
















>:-( ;(
damn that sucks i was out there yesterday also i only got one 2lb sinko last year i got a 5lber at the bridge
You should try the little creek behind Black Angus. fished there yesterday around 6:30-sundown and had more bites than I could count in about 2 hrs. only landed 1 but saw multiple fish. The one landed was prob only 2lbs but constant action. I'm headed back there again today. also saw what I think are carp in the creek since their whole body was a white-ish color, but couldn't get any to bite.
the creek under blossome hill has lots of little guys or behind dennys i fish there a lot also lots of big carp 15 20 lbers
I'll probably see you out there today too, after easter grub at the parents. I did good on the kooser side beach area.

mike
Crappy! In all honesty those are the experiences that keep us fishing. lol
pan0spam wrote:
I'll probably see you out there today too, after easter grub at the parents. I did good on the kooser side beach area.

mike



oops, meant the winfield side!
damn wife put the kibosh on fishing today. Easter/Mother in-law's bday on the same day=no fishing for me... ;( >:-(
NCBASSMAN, That is a frickin story that will live in your head replaynevery time you get a chance so be waned it will continue to haunt your memory until you get another chance
I too have caught and lost many of toads no one had scene no one believes me either , no pic no fish well You and i know YOU HAD A TOAD GOOD JOB THOSE BIGGE`s are not stupid fish they are very smart be happy you fooled her to bite , great story great job
never give up , that fish will burn in your memeory every day and night be prepared dude
Happy Easter
I'm pretty sure I lost my biggest fish ever, never got to see it but it handled me. I think marce was on the opposite bank before I had met him. He heard a few choice words. lol

Seriously that fish still haunts me, you just have to accept it and keep fishing for redemption.... lol .
jerbs wrote:
I'm pretty sure I lost my biggest fish ever, never got to see it but it handled me. I think marce was on the opposite bank before I had met him. He heard a few choice words. lol

Seriously that fish still haunts me, you just have to accept it and keep fishing for redemption.... lol .




FOR REAL JERBS , Thats very true i lost a toad at the delta- Grabbed the line ;| ;| ;| (STUPIDO)
than that god forsaken [8|] [8|] (tink) [8|] [8|] and thar she goes ......................i remeber it like yesterday and it replays in my head everyday and thats been over 2 years ago >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-(
great post man. i think i was fishing right down the bank from u on your left. where u one of the guys running back to your car for more tackle? i was wondering what was going on over there i figured u guys were sight fish a toad. sorry to hear u lost her.
well with that post , that lake is being assaulted man oh man ae the banks being pounded today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i made 2 drives by the place and i see it being pounded all day...........bummed ;( ;( ;( ;(
man that place has been getting pounded for years....those bass probably recognize every lure or soft plastic out there..... [green]



"that's a nice colored senko, is that new for this year? "


- bass then looks away and continues to swim back to it's bed -


Almaden Lake - pounded like the hooker she is - lol j\k
pounded like the hooker she is - thats one for the books lol lol lol
ncbassman wrote:
Well, I hit almaden lake about 5:30pm last night, still some sunlight out. Me and a friend of mine starter hitting the banks on coleman side. Right next to ever bush there was a male swimming around I hit a few spot that have produced for me in the past. Nothing, not even a look. Untill I found a spot near the cement sand bag area (you'll now if you've been there). I seen a nice size male floting around, so I tossed jigs, craws, lizards, tubes....nothing. Till I tossed a sweat beaver a lil toward the bushes he was floting by. A a HUGE female came out from the bushes and smacked....felt a huge THUMP, I set...came right out of her mouth >:-( . I kept tossing back and nothing again.. >:-( ;(

So I try for the male again.. Id say another 15-20min, just killing time. At this time the Ranger start making there calls "ALMADEN LAKE IS NOW CLOSED", Right at that time I seen to big top water splashes on the other side of the bush I was tossing at. So I make way aroung to the other side, And I see another big splash.. It had to be her. So I put on a lil pop-r Right near the bush.....pop...pop pop...pop ..long pause.................pop and SMACK [!] [!] [!] Its her and ITS ON [!] .
She started digging. Taking line like crazy. All the while my co-pilot was fishing down ways by the bridge. I yelling for him and trying to fight big ol'girl. I finally get her tired enough to bring her near shore. I was thinking to myself "this has to be my new PB" . she had a Huge freaking belly on her.
So I see my friend coming down the way so I figued I would try to lip her. Also I managed to get some spectors watching, So I reach for ther line, grab It.....She kicks one final time....Snap [8|] .......... NOOOOOOOOO. There she goes.. with a mouth full of hooks... and poss my new PB ;( ;( ... And I herd a big "oooollll' maybe next time" from the folks watching. I was and still am so mad for try to get that girl by myself!! And the real sad thing is... Nobody I know seen what happend... no nobody I know believes me. ;(
>:-( ;(


Sick story man.

I gots a similar one, I'll make it short.

Was at Tullock lake when I was in high school. I must have been 14. Previously before the trip, I bought a popper from Coyote. We had our big bayliner parked in this cove and sun was going down. I threw out my popper and tugged it twice, "SMASHHH!!!!", I have never gotten a topwater blow up like that from a Largemouth since. Huge fish!! Blasted that thing. I go to set and SNAP! My 10 pound mono on my ugly stick breaks. Some people on shore were saying, "That was a HUGE fish!" My dad only heard the thing crash the water and said it had to have been big. THEN, a couple minutes later, in the coming darkness, you hear this monster crashing on top of the water with the rattle in the popper ringing across the cove as she is trying to get the lure out of her mouth. She was laughing in my face. [red] Big big fish. Really, I have not gotten a blow up like that since.
Thanks for the comments guys. Im still thinking of that big white belly on that fish. I must had told this story to all my fishing buds, co-workers, and family. Man, The one that got away.

Quote:
DAVE>-->
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: SIGHT FISHING ALMADEN
great post man. i think i was fishing right down the bank from u on your left. where u one of the guys running back to your car for more tackle? i was wondering what was going on over there i figured u guys were sight fish a toad. sorry to hear u lost her.


Yep that was me. Running for more top water tackle. To she if she'll hit again... but no go on that idea. Do you own that Blue chevy truck, Ill say "what up" to ya next time I see ya.

By the way were you in that spot yesterday about 1-2ish. That male wont eat any thing!!!

Noah
Dude, just ask the Ranger next time if you can stay a bit longer. Some of them are pretty cool and will let you stay for a bit, unless it's a Sharks game night then it's get F out ASAP. lol
yeah blue chevy is mine. yeah hit me up next time were out there. be nice to put a face to the name. i was there yesterday around 1 or 2. got that male to bite a tube once but that was about it. was i talkng to u yesterday if so i didnt catch your name at that time.

dave
im going out there today hope to get a bite went out yesterday superrrr windy but i got two around 2 lb each