SJB - Website Improvements Feature Requests and Suggestions?

Hello All,

Thanks again for keeping SJB alive. As most frequenters know, Marce and I haven't been online for quite sometime. I feel the site is about ready for a revamp and I want some input.

What are things we can improve?

What are some features you would like to see?

What are some articles you would like to read?

Any other feedback about the site you may have, feel free to include in your response.

Thank you for your participation.
An ignore button.
Lil Bone wrote:
An ignore button.

Can you elaborate on that a bit more?
Btw, why is Font Colour, not spelled Color?
Is this site located in Canada?
Marone wrote:
Lil Bone wrote:
An ignore button.

Can you elaborate on that a bit more?

Some forums have a way to put other posters on ignore, then you don't see their comments.
I would like to see in depth articles on our local lakes and tactics, and maybe even a section dedicated to fishing reports.
A "like" button feature would be cool.
houla wrote:

I was thinking of a thumbs up or thumbs down button, but a "like" would be fine as well.
Monkeyman3dee wrote:
I would like to see in depth articles on our local lakes and tactics, and maybe even a section dedicated to fishing reports.

I have to be honest and admit that it's been very very long since I have fished local waters. Perhaps Jim Jr. wants to give us an article? I can film and take photos? Personally, I want to motivate others to get to the Delta or Clearlake! Haha, really though, I will work on something.

How about we have forum members draft up articles in the forums, then we make a full article on the home page once we determine and article has become 'sticky'? I'd love for our members to contribute to content.

Lil Bone wrote:
An ignore button.

I will look into this, but I feel it's best to keep the forums "open". I'll talk to Marce and some others about this.

houla wrote:

Agreed, I'll start looking into this.
What's a "Jim Jr." ???

[8|]
Marone wrote:
Monkeyman3dee wrote:

I have to be honest and admit that it's been very very long since I have fished local waters. Perhaps Jim Jr. wants to give us an article? I can film and take photos? Personally, I want to motivate others to get to the Delta or Clearlake! Haha, really though, I will work on something.

How about we have forum members draft up articles in the forums, then we make a full article on the home page once we determine and article has become 'sticky'? I'd love for our members to contribute to content.

Lil Bone wrote:
An ignore button.

I will look into this, but I feel it's best to keep the forums "open". I'll talk to Marce and some others about this.

houla wrote:

Agreed, I'll start looking into this.

I'm down to write articles!!! I'm always local
Fishing don't travel to much but I'm down to
Write articles/reviews if that interests you guy!!
Season specifics/techniques/patterns what ever!!!

Lmk Mario how you wanna go about it!!! Love
Getting others interested and fired up for fishing!!

I'm always willing to contribute to SJB 4 LIFE!!!
Hehehe!!!

Jr
As a new member I think some product reviews would be cool. Maybe a new forum topic with current lake conditions like water temps, clarity and current lake levels. I also think a meet and greet for all the sjb members would be cool. Maybe annual thing where we all get together and bs about fishing. Some friendly tournaments would be a nice touch as well.
Chefster wrote:
As a new member I think some product reviews would be cool. Maybe a new forum topic with current lake conditions like water temps, clarity and current lake levels. I also think a meet and greet for all the sjb members would be cool. Maybe annual thing where we all get together and bs about fishing. Some friendly tournaments would be a nice touch as well.

We had a meet n greet at ALP!! Few years ago!!!
Was sweet hella hedz showed up bs and drank
Lil simple bbq weenies n burgers!!! I absolutely
Had fun at that!!!!

Deg should organize another but this time at
Yote/ sandy beach area!!???

Last time we mentioned this lots of people
We're for it but in the long run people flaked!!!

Jr
how about a monthly contest biggest fish gets something t shirt ,sticker ,handshake
I would love for this website
to come back like it once was
I don't mind reposting again
Chefster wrote:
As a new member I think some product reviews would be cool.

I actually bought some new gear this past couple of weeks. The Powell Inferno and Max 3-d rods. Pretty dope for the price. I also broke one and got it replaced no questions asked for only $60. It was my bad, the rod got sucked up in the motor. Been wanting to do a review for sometime. I'll share my input on these after my trip to Clearlake this weekend.

bighurt408 wrote:
how about a monthly contest biggest fish gets something t shirt ,sticker ,handshake
I would love for this website
to come back like it once was
I don't mind reposting again

Good idea. Let me see if I can get some support from local shops to pitch in. I think a photo contest would be awesome. Bass fishing photos, could be of fish, of a lake, of a sunrise, of a bait....etc. Just a rad looking photo. Let's keep this open. Good idea.

Chefster wrote:
Maybe a new forum topic with current lake conditions like water temps, clarity and current lake levels.

We used to have a report section, but no one used it. We decided to just let people post reports on the forums.

Chefster wrote:
I also think a meet and greet for all the sjb members would be cool. Maybe annual thing where we all get together and bs about fishing. Some friendly tournaments would be a nice touch as well.

We will always leave this up to the SJB users to organize. That's what's so rad about the forums. You guys can throw the idea out there and start getting heads together. I think a fishout, to Clearlake or the Delta would be awesome. Maybe even just to Coyote. I did some fishouts with a local pontoon club, it was awesome. Best one was at the Delta.

Jim Jr wrote:
[
I'm down to write articles!!!
Lmk Mario how you wanna go about it!!! Love
Getting others interested and fired up for fishing!!

I think an article about how you went about getting your first boat would be cool. How to make the leap from the banks to the boat. Let me know what you think.