Starting to fish for DD's

This christmast i am going to ask my dad for a swimbait outfit and a swimbait because i want to start fishing for thoose DD's in Yote. what Swimbait rod, line, reel, and Hudd should i get for this also it cant be too expencive or my dad won't get it maby 200 total at the most if there arnt any decent ones that cheep than just tell me a good outfit with a good deal and as cheep as possible.
okuma
shimano cardiff
what abot line and what size Hudd and how much does the rod and reel cost.
mike-ike, as long as you are asking swim bait questions, I hope you don't mind if I ask a related question to the board. If the lake doesn't have trout for example, can you still throw a trout-mimicking swimbait? Or do the bass know that type of fish doesn't belong there and so not to bite? Many local lakes have regular DFG trout plants. Will bass go for a trout-like lure if there haven't been plantings lately? Just wanted to know because from what I hear, you can cast your a#$ (arm) off and not catch anything and maybe not know you have the wrong lure.

Don't forget to write your name on your $$$ Hud before you throw it into cover!!! :D
About $100 each. 25 lb berkley big game. 8 inch huddie.

cast away- yes, steve kennedy set a BASS record, its now been broken, at clear lake with a trout pattern swimbait. If it swims they eat it. It don't matter if your fishing the right lure ,more then likely you will throw your arm out before you catch anything on a swimbait lol
Thanks Jerbs. And thanks mike_ike for letting me hijack your thread temporarily.
Mike ike listen to the swimbait dudes in here they know what they are talking about. I'm not a big swimbait guy, (obviously since I was dropshotting with 8 lb test on the Delta lol ) but I do have the set up jerbs told you about. It's good for a beginner or for someone who doesn't use swimbaits a lot. Every once in a while you can find great deals on Hudds on ebay. Also check with JIMMYG about his set up, he prefers a Budweiser can with 20 lb penguin line wrapped around it and he throws it out like a lasso.
O'yeah...no trout in clear lake. Just reread my post and forgot to say that.

I dont really know what I'm doing... I just go fish lol

IMO...if you are going to use the rod for more then huds go with the H instead of the XH (which has the extra handle part).
If you go Budweiser Can Kev..make sure its a 22oz..it makes it easier when you get a birdsnest lol
jebs maybe you should offer up your services and guide some folks on yote -- help pay for boat maint.
Just added 2 MS SLAMMERS and 4 BBZ-1 SHADS!!!!!......

Also pulled the trigger on a new Powell rod and Luna reel.....That makes 3 SB Setups already.....

Just get what jerbs said....
Okuma H Rod=$100
Cardiff 300 or 400=$100
8'' Hud Trout pattern!!!=$40

Just over $250 with tax and ur on ur way to a DD!!!! Just make sure @ the end of the day YOUR ARMS ARE STILL ATTACHED!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL....

Jr
I doubt anyone would want to pay me to get skunked lol Seriously, people think they can just pick up a swimbait set up and a DD is just gonna magically appear. It takes many o days just to get your first bite. Then many more days to realize all those bumps you were feeling were bites, then many more to actually land one. lol lol

But...if anyone really wants to throw down some scratch I'm sure we could work something out. [green]
jerbs wrote:
I doubt anyone would want to pay me to get skunked lol Seriously, people think they can just pick up a swimbait set up and a DD is just gonna magically appear. It takes many o days just to get your first bite. Then many more days to realize all those bumps you were feeling were bites, then many more to actually land one. lol lol

But...if anyone really wants to throw down some scratch I'm sure we could work something out. [green]

What he said!!!!.,..

Jerbs we should start our own GUIDE SERVICE!!!!.....LOL.....

J n J's Fishing Adventures!!!!....
"Hook Set's R Always Free"
lol (Jim n Jerb's Fishing Adventures!!!)

Jr
THE NEW AND IMPROVED FISHMASTER'S.........LOL >>>> Jerbs we should start our own GUIDE SERVICE!!!!.....LOL.....

J n J's Fishing Adventures!!!!....
"Hook Set's R Always Free"
(Jim n Jerb's Fishing Adventures!!!)
herb's fishing charter's ..................lol [8:)
Jim Sr wrote:
THE NEW AND IMPROVED FISHMASTER'S

herb's fishing charter's ..................lol [8:)

It does a catchy name.... LOL
I always got cash to thrown down to go fish! Swimbaits and jigs all day!

Like jerbs said, you cant just pick up a swimbait and just expect a DD. It takes many hours, days, weeks, months, years! You will occasionally catch fish just chuckin and winding, but when you take the time to learn the lake, learn where the big girls are and why, then you really start to have fun with the big baits. Learning your bait is also key, knowing how to fish a particular bait and to present it just the right way to get that big girl to go.
Ya it takes sometime i've been fishing swimbaits for about three months and i think im gettin a hang of them not a pro but got a good feel for them. If you get the set up just take that set up out there for two weeks straight and no other rods to get used to it thats what i did and i got my first swimbait fish. Jerbs is right about the bumps when i started i would not pay attention to them but one day i decided to and i got one so now i pay alot more attention. Jim Jr tells me thats why i loose so many swimbaits but id rather loose a hudd than a dd.So good luck if you get one and fyi they are addicting trust me.
Sorry JR....wouldn't want to hear all the whining when my fisher people are stickin toads and yours aren't... [green] jk. Plus I think I've shown you enough spots on that lake [8|]

I totally agree with both chaozu and miguel. I started swimbait fishing when I lost all my other tackle after I tipped my canoe. The bite was on so I just bought swimbait stuff and fished that exclusively for like three months. If you really want to learn don't bring any fairy wands and egg beaters, just the big stuff lol

Cz, I almost took you up on that offer to fish that CL tourny, but cash is running a little tight.
Jerbs,

I got a partner last minute. My original guy flaked but he just called and said he's good to go. I'm throwing swimbaits in the morning and see where it goers from there. It's a team event so we have some options.
Cool! Rock piles! ;)