Striper Fishing

Has anyone benn out lately? Delta, San Luis, Forebay? Been stuck with work so not much time to go out this year.
Went to San Luis last Friday. Fished the forebay in my inflateable raft. Wind was calm. Fished from 10AM til 2PM. Throwing ratltraps, zara puppies, jointed rapalas. Got skunked. Oh well next time for sure!
Idk but i think you might have gotten there a too late... might want to show up earliar
Ender wrote:
Went to San Luis last Friday. Fished the forebay in my inflateable raft. Wind was calm. Fished from 10AM til 2PM. Throwing ratltraps, zara puppies, jointed rapalas. Got skunked. Oh well next time for sure!

Next time, get out there before that sun comes up, or be out there for that last hour of daylight. Those stripers go crazy during low light conditions.
Caught this at Los Vaqueros on Saturday.(11 1/2 lbs)
Awesome fish right on Chili thanks for sharing
Thanks.
Thats a skinny looking striper.
Yeah, pretty thin but still put up a heck of a fight. I don't know what that Hump is all about. I have never seen a Striper from the Delta with a hump like that. Maybe has something to do with the lake being landlocked. But some Striper is better than No Striper [green]
chiliopep01 wrote:
Caught this at Los Vaqueros on Saturday.(11 1/2 lbs)

MOST of the stripers in Los V have humpbacks and are skinny. I dont know why this is since they go and SMASH the trout when they stock but who knows.
Nice striper man. What you get it on? I am sure there is a punker bite there for those bad boys.